Get away from me... Part 3

He must have won some serious dough, from betting. "Just put your wet clothes in the sink and we will hang them up to dry later, go put on something dry." He said looking back over at his cards as Pony stood up and got yelled at by Steve, "Sit your cheatin a-" Two-bit yelled, "Ye haw." Just as Steve was about to scream a curse word.

"You know you can't keep her innocent forever." He said going back to shoving a pile of old casino tokens into the middle of the table calling with a straight face, "all in" Two-bit rolled his eyes, "I know that it is just she will skin me if any one of us curse, she just finds it annoying. Do you know how scary she is when she's mad?" Everyone nodded in agreement before Johnny called, "Fold" and placed his cards onto the table in front of everyone.

Soda went into the bathroom to change while I went into his room and quickly stole my clothes out of the back of his closet and putting them on while he changed in the small bathroom of the house. When we came out, I was in my comfy clothes while he was in his.

I went over to where the gang was gambling placing my elbow on Ponyboy's head. Soda went on the opposite side examining everyone's cards. Johnny got up walking out to the back deck to have a smoke.

Soda and I hardly smoked or drank anything more than a sugary coke. Soda made me a face twitching his eyebrow and I knew that Darry had bad cards and was bluffing the whole time. He and I made up codes for how to cheat in poker that nobody else knew. I would always sit out when the guys played poker because Soda and I would use our codes to know when to bluff, fold or play all in. He ran his thumb across his bottom lip, flicking his eyes towards two-bit. Shoot, as sexy as that was it meant that two-bit was about to play all in. Just like he said, two-bit called "all in" and each player had to call the same amount of chips or more.

Darry didn't have enough tokens and called "Fold" before getting up from the game giving Soda and I a look before he walked to the fridge to get a beer for Steve, and Two-bit, and a Pepsi for Ponyboy.

Darry scoffed after looking at the cards and then walked to the kitchen again to prepare dinner. Ponyboy raised the bet placing the rest of his chips into the game and Steve folded.

Steve and ponyboy dropped their cards on the table after me and Soda made bets on who had the best cards. Steve dropped a full house, and Ponyboy laid out his cards a smile on his face as he had a five of a kind. Four aces and a joker. He had won, Soda smiled, and I dug through my pocket handing him a dollar that he proceeded to place behind his ear.

Steve sat down at the table as soda sat across from him. Steve was throwing cards across the table at him and carbonated water had enough and they got into an arm wrestle.

I laughed at them before heading into the kitchen to help Darry. We were having roasted chicken for dinner. It was still raining pretty hard outside, and something warmer sounded nice so now I was chopping up freshly peeled potatoes, and other bases for the chicken like celery, and onions. We may not have loads of money but that doesn't mean that we didn't eat good, because we had some darn good meals.

After getting the base started with broth, we rubbed the chicken in herbs before placing it on the stove to broil before placing in the oven. "Johnny come over here kid." Dally called from the couch. Dall past him the icepack and asked him to go get him another one from the freezer. He quickly returned with what he asked before he went with ponyboy again to read Gone with the wind. Dall had gotten into a fight with Tim Sheperd after Dallas slashed his tires. Dally had won obviously but not after Tim landed a few hits on him first.

"Man if only I had a blade." He called touching the rough skin marring his face. I rolled my eyes before walking behind Steve after he just dealed in Soda in some good ol' gamblin.

"we playing ante?" Steve asked and Soda agreed making a bet placing it on the table. They made the same bet and Soda rubbed his ear and I itched my left hand. Steve had some alrigh' cards, I wasn't gonna lie.

Soda raised the bet to start and Steve placed the same amount into the pot. Soda touched the back of his cards and that told me that he was bluffin' "Check" called soda so Steve called "all in"

Soda had more tokens because he placed a higher bet. When he called all in Steve had to fold. Soda had won the pot and I high fived him. Steve got up from the table tackling me to the floor messing up my hair. "You had something to do with this Y/n"

I pushed him backwards trying to break free of his head lock. "No, I did nothing." He proceeded to tighten the head lock. It was all in good fun and I was laughing. "Oh really"

"Oh come on Steve lay off, she didn't do anything." Soda said from the table. Steve let me go, "You didn't even let me torture her until she said uncle, Soda you have gone real soft." Steve whined, pretending to be sad.

He rolled his eyes, sitting back down at the table. "are we playin again?" Carbonated water asked steve. "no, you cheater." Soda laughed at Steve being a sore loser. "Bluffin is the name of the game Randle"

"hey dinner is ready losers." Darry said as he brushed our cards and chips onto the floor. He set down a hot pad, and I went over and brought the dutch oven pot over to the table, setting it on the trivet that Darry had just placed.

Pony boy, dally, two-bit and johnny came over finding chairs and putting them at the table, taking a seat. "Wow the whole gang is joinin us for dinner." I laughed, and two-bit exclaimed, "hey I ain't walkin in the rain, maybe Soda and y/n like the rain but I don't"

My face turned red, memories of what had happened outside ran through my head like a raging river after a storm. We still haven't talked about what had happened or what happens now.