black coffee

Laysa's pov

Dinner time came around and I took my food and sat alone away from others. I ate my food in peace until a girl sat next to me.
"Hey I'm Delilah you must be the new one." She said
"Yes and I'm Laysa"
"Nice to meet you"
"Nice to meet you too"
"How old are you?" She asked
"16, you?"
"12," she said while taking a bite of her food.

We talked until it was time to go to our rooms.
"Who is your roommate?" She asked.
"Rachel"
"I feel bad for you." She said as we stood by her room door.
Why did she say that even though I don't like Rachel. She just gives me bad vibes I feel like she's trouble.

I went to my room and saw Rachel sitting on my bed.
"So Laysa right? Saw you talking to that mini-sized loser."
"She's not a loser and overall it's not your beeswax so please this is my bed." I said as I went closer to my bed. She got up and said, "you are a loser just like her."
Yea she is right I'm a loser but at least I'm not basic.

The first night there was terrible I know they have to check if you are alive but we need sleep.

I got out of bed feeling like garbage.
Thankfully coffee exists and like Gee said 'coffee is a magical thing.'
I took my black coffee and cereal looking for a place to sit as I saw Delilah waving at me. So I joined her.
"So how was the first night being her roommate?" She asked looking towards Rachel.
"Well I don't know she called me a loser but that's nothing."
We ate our breakfast and went to the tv room.
We were just chilling until I saw Rachel looking at us. She seemed off but when she understood that I caught her staring she just gave me that bitch face and walked away. That was weird.

My parents gave me up for adoption. And I'm in a psych ward located I don't know where. And Gee is probably just chilling at home not worrying about me.
And just like that, it was already dinner time and then breakfast. A week has passed since I came here, a week of waking up, hygiene, eating and playing cards with Delilah, and going to sleep. The only time I enjoyed was when I could read. Here's not many books and the books are super old and there are pages missing but at least I have something to do besides playing cards and other games.

Gerard's pov

A week has passed and the only thing I can think about is Laysa. She's not leaving my mind no matter what I do.
"Gee, what's going on?" Frank asked.
"Yes, what is going on? You seem a little off." Ray continued.
"Oh nothing don't worry about it, I'm just tired." I said hoping they would stop with these questions.

Yeah, they are my best friends but how am I supposed to explain the situation to them. How am I supposed to tell them that my old student won't leave my mind?
And that I didn't want to leave her.

The boys went away and I decided to try to call her once again. Her phone was still off. I started to get really worried now. I've been trying to reach her for two weeks now but her phone is off.

Laysa's pov

Another therapy session. Many questions that I didn't want to answer.
"Maybe you have a question for me?" Mrs. Jasons asked.
"Yes, um... Where exactly am I?" I asked.
"New Jersey," she said.
New Jersey? Really? That's why the car ride was so long.

Gerard is so close to me but still so far.

You still think that he cares? He doesn't no one does. Even the people who made you hated you and left you. Gerard doesn't care if you're locked up here. No one cares about that.

My mind was right. But something inside me told me that he cares.
I had to try to reach him. But how I don't have a phone.

"Laysa?" A staff named Clara said to me.
"Yes"
"I just wanted to tell you that I got you a book from my house."
"Really? But why?"
"Because I watch you reading those old torn apart books that usually nobody reads." She explained.
She gave me the book. She is actually my favorite staff because she is sweet and we both like to read.
"If you need help with something you can come to me okay?" She asked and I nodded.

I was reading on my bed when Rachel entered our room looking mad and sad at the same time. She looked at me and asked
"What are you reading?"
"Death of a prankster" I answered.
"Really? I've read it. It kinda reminded me of something that happened a long time ago."
"Really? What?" I asked looking at her.
"I don't want to give you spoilers, but that book is great tho." She said.
Maybe I was wrong about her.
"So you like reading?" I asked.
"Yea, I do but there are not many books here and I have read most of them."
"I agree there are like six books only."
We chatted a while until she said
"We are actually pretty similar I don't know why I thought that you are weird."