8

Laysa's pov

Another morning in a psych ward but this time I woke up being the only one in the room. Rachel left yesterday. Which is sad cuz we just started to get along or maybe I am just jealous of her going away to a real place she could call home and a safe place with people she can call parents.

Another morning eating corn flakes. I could almost taste the memory of Gee's pancakes that he made one morning when he 'looked after me'. They tasted really good and overall it felt pretty nice to wake up to the smell of pancakes.
"You here or are you on another planet?" I heard Delilah say jokingly.
"I was on a pancake planet" I replied laughing.
"I want to go to that planet it would be nice not to eat corn flakes for a while." She said laughing.
We ate our cereal and talked about stuff.

I was reading in the lounge area until I heard one of the staff's call my name.
"Laysa you have a visitor." He said calmly
"A visitor?" I asked confused.
He nodded
I got up following him.
Who? Was the only thing that was in my head at that time.

As I stepped into a room with tables and chairs I immediately looked around to see who was here coming to see me. My eyes stopped at a guy who looks like a teddy bear with long hair and a little beard.
Gerard. My face light up as I saw him, I felt so happy to see him.

He looked at me with a big wide friendly smile. The smile that I missed.
"Hey," I said while sitting down next to him.
I was surprised to see him here but I was glad to see him.
"Hey" he answered.

Gerard's pov

The moment she stepped into the room I couldn't help but smile. I now know where she is and that she is okay here. But why is she in a psych ward? Well, I have seen her arms but who sent her here?

"Why are you here?" She suddenly asked.
"Why...? Because I missed you."
I said with a sad smile but now I was happy knowing that she is okay. Well, she's in a psych ward so she can't be okay mentally but she is alive.
"I missed you too," she said really quietly while tugging on her shirt sleeves.
It warmed my heart hearing her say that.

"Why are you here?" I asked with a sweet tone. I don't want to upset her in some way and also if she doesn't want to answer it's okay.
After I asked her she zoned out like she was thinking about whether or not telling me.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I said.

"I tried to... commit." She said whispering.
For a moment everything around me stopped and I felt something inside me broke.

My heart broke hearing her say those words. She did what? Why? At that moment I didn't know if I should comfort her or myself but probably her.

Laysa's pov

After I said why I'm here Gee went really quiet. He like zoned out for a minute. I started to feel bad for telling him.
"Why?" he asked in a sad tone.
I just looked at my legs not knowing what to say. I knew why I did it but I'm not sure if I should say it to somebody.

"I-I..." was the only thing that came out of my mouth. I kept my eyes on my legs trying not to make eye contact with him.
"Hey! It's okay" he whispered placing his hand on my shoulder. Normally I would pull myself away but right now it felt comforting.

Time with Gee went past really quickly. We talked about music and art as always. I also told him about Delilah and other things I have done here which there aren't many.

Time with him really helped. It made my mood ten times better.
I couldn't focus on everything that was around me. I felt happy even though my face didn't show it.

Gerard's pov

Today has been a really great day. I saw Laysa and I finally could get out of bed.
But her words of why she was there still in my mind. I can't believe it. I felt sad and angry at the same time. I felt angry at the people and things that caused it. I want her to be okay. Tears escaped my eyes as I thought of her feeling like she needed to do that.
"I care about her a lot."