20

Gerard's pov

I woke up at 7.30 something but I didn't leave bed until 8.
As soon as the clock hit 8 I got up knowing I have to make breakfast.
Well, I don't have to but I want to because of her.

I stepped out of my room and instead of walking down, I went to check on Laysa first.
As I quietly opened her room door and looked in I was welcomed with fresh cold air and an open window.

My heart started to pound harder as slight panic filled my body. But then I looked at her bed and saw black fluffy hair under the blanket. I sighed with relief.
She looked so peaceful.
Why would she leave the window open?
I quietly walked to the window and closed it.

I walked down and took out pancake ingredients.
Last time I did pancakes she liked them.
So I'll do them again but this time I will put chocolate chips inside.
I knew that she didn't like chocolate much but I'll put a small amount.
She said that she eats it put she doesn't eat much.

I poured flour and other ingredients into the bowl and started to mix.
After I mixed everything together I added a small amount of chocolate chips.
It was ready to go!

Pancake after a pancake I poured the mixture on the frying pan.
As I was making the last pancake I heard quiet steps coming down the stairs.
I looked at the door seeing Laysa standing there.
"Good morning honey!" I said.
"Morning." She said so quietly I didn't almost hear it.

She sat down at the table looking at me and smiled.
"What?" I asked looking at her.
"Oh... Nothing."
"Okay..." I mumbled in confusion.
"It's just not every day that you see your hero from your favorite band cook pancakes for you." She whispered but I heard it clearly and smiled.
"you're my hero Laysa." I mumbled under my breath smiling. I'm not sure if she heard it though.

I put the pancakes on the table and gave Laysa a plate.
"So you want ice cream with pancakes?" I asked walking towards the fridge.
"With ice cream? Who eats it like that?" She answered.
"Wait, don't tell me you never had pancakes with ice cream before!" I said in shock.
"No, I haven't." As she said that my heart sank knowing that she has been missing out on childhood.
"But you have to try it now!" I said as I took the ice cream out and brought it to the table.

I took a big spoon and scooped a rather big portion of ice cream and placed it on top of her pancakes.
She took a bite and looked at the ground thinking.
"There's chocolate chips in here?" She asked.

"Yeah, but you like it?" I asked.
"Yeah." She said smiling.
Her smile made my day. I know it's a small thing but for me, it means the world.

After we ate and made jokes she asked me
"So is this what real family should be?
Like fun and love-filled?"
"Yes, that's exactly what family should be." I said smiling but deep down I was hurting because of how she has been treated.

"You feel like home here?" I said hoping she'd say yes. She just nodded but stood up after that.
She walked to me and wrapped her hands around me from the back and whispered
"Yes, I love being here..."
I just turned around and hugged her tightly.
"I love you Laysa."
"I love you too."

We stayed in the hug for a couple of minutes. It was peaceful just holding her in my arms.
One hand in her black fluffy hair that she hasn't brushed yet. The smell of coffee coming from my mug. It was perfect.

"Wanna watch something?" I asked as she nodded.
She broke the hug and followed me to the living room.
"What do you want to watch?" I asked.
"Ummm... Maybe SpongeBob." She said after thinking a while. It seems that she likes SpongeBob because when we have watched a show she would always pick Spongebob. But I don't have anything against it.

She sat down on the couch as I put on Spongebob.
I sat down next to her and she rested her head on my shoulder.
I planted a kiss on her head and turned to face the TV.

After a couple of minutes, she slowly took my one hand from my lap and wrapped both her hands around it.
I looked at her smiling. I was happy that she was more comfortable with physical touch now.

After watching multiple episodes of SpongeBob we decided that it's time to take down our fort.
"So let's take this thing down." He said as we were looking at the fort in front of us.

Laysa's pov

Taking the fort down just reminds me that I have to go back to the orphanage.
I don't want to go back.
This sleepover was the best thing in the past couple of months.
I tried to calm thoughts about going back with the thought that soon enough this place will be my new home.
And me and Gee are going to be a family, a small one but a family.
Actually he already is my family.

Taking things down or cleaning something up is way more boring than making it.
But soon our fort became a bunch of piles of pillows and blankets.
We put the pillows and blankets where they belong.

"Well, that it's done what are we going to do next?" Gee asked.
"I don't know, maybe listen to music and chill?" I said.
"I like your idea, but what are we going to listen to? Mcr?" He said and chuckled at the last part knowing damn well that I want to listen to MCR.
"Yeah, MCR sounds good!" I said as I smiled.

We went downstairs and Gee put on music.
The first song that came was 'famous last words' my old favorite.

We both were holding back at first but when the chorus hit we both screamed.
"I am not afraid to keep on living I am not afraid to walk this world alone!" We sang together. I usually don't like to sing when there are other people around but I couldn't hold myself back.
When I looked at Gerard I saw him staring at me with wide eyes.
Great, he is grossed out of my singing.

"Wow... Your voice is beautiful." He said.
"No, I know you are just saying that because you don't want to be mean."
"Hey, I mean it I like your voice." He said as he came closer and took my one arm.

As he was holding my hand he started quietly singing.
"Nothing you say can stop me going home." He sang.
Then he pulled me into a hug.
"Just so you know, I care about you." He said brushing his hand through my hair.

"Go get your things we have to go." He said.
"Okay." I said trying not to cry.
I went up and got my things.

"Oh, your hoodie." I said as I started to take it off.
"Just keep it." He said smiling.

We went to the car and started driving.
I didn't want to go back.
I wanted to stay with Gee.
"Soon enough you won't be living there." He said somehow knowing how I felt.
"I hope so." I said quietly looking down.
I was holding back tears, I just love being around Gee.
I wanted to live with him already.

We got to there and he sent me inside giving me a tight hug.
"Bye, honey." He said planting a kiss on my head.
"Bye."
I watched him walk out freely while I was stuck in here.

I went to my room and thought about how everything went.
Well, it was fun while it lasted.