24

"They have the tastiest and creamiest cheese."

Genuinely the best cheese for a pizza.

I turned to the highway and we were off.

She was looking out the window the entire time. Didn't even pay attention to the music.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yea, just a pit umm... tired."

"Okay, you still down for some pizza or just want to go home and rest?"

"Nope, I want pizza I'm starving." She giggled.

"Awww.... Look a dog." She pointed to a rather big dog right when we turned to the pizza place parking lot.

"Yea, cute right?" I asked.

She nodded.

We went in and got a table.

"Ready for the best pizza you have ever had?" I asked when the pizza we ordered for the both of us arrived.

She giggled at my excitement and took a slice.

I held back a grin. I knew she was going to enjoy it and say it truly was the best pizza ever.

We finished eating and got back in the car.

"So... you want to go somewhere or just head home?" I asked.

"Umm, home. And maybe play some video games?" She asked.

"Yea, that'll be awesome."

Today has been really eventful.

First, we visited Mikey. And then went to the movies. She really liked the movie.

Well, it was a good movie I do have to say that.

"The movie is going to be my new personality for the rest of the week," She said smiling she said as I pulled back to our driveway.

I chuckled at her sudden burst of energy.

So after a really long day, we finally got to be alone and play some video games.

This was much needed. And even tho we were together all day I still felt like this was the only part of our day to fully be together. Like she was with me every second but there were also other people. So this hour we spent playing was clearly the best part of the day.

After another hour of playing she excused herself and left to lie down. Which was reasonable.

I was so happy to spend this day with her. She's the one that I needed all this time.

And yes even to my surprise the thing that I needed wasn't a girlfriend, love, or even a new friend. It was simply just Laysa. I just needed her. To make me smile, get up in the morning, and take care of myself. And just be so happy.

She's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

And I really respect her for that.

And it seems like I have affected her positively as well. Which just makes me happy.

And during all of this, I can't even imagine how she wasn't my daughter all her life. Like I can't and don't want to imagine my life without her. And I don't want to remember life before her.

She has given my life a reason. A reason to stay and be happy.

a/n'Sorry this is so short half of it got deleted because my phone was laggy >(