15

Laysa's pov

It's been three days since I moved to the adoption Center.
Gee should visit me today. As I patiently waited for him I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if he was my dad.
He gave me dad vibes. Just the way he cares and wants to know what I did and is actually interested in listening to me. I never had this kind of love I guess. Well, what kind of love have I ever had?
I feel at home when I'm around him. He's like my family.

I haven't seen him for three days and I have been feeling really out of place. He brings me comfort. With him, I forget about my problems. I feel safe.

"Laysa you have a visitor." I finally heard those beautiful words.
I went to my room where he was supposed to be waiting for me.
As I twisted the doorknob I felt l

I immediately wrapped my arms around him.
"I missed you so much." I said while smiling at his chest.
"I missed you too."
We stayed in a hug for a couple of minutes.

"How have you been?" He asked.
"Kinda lonely and sad but it's great that I don't have to be at my parent's house."
"Yeah, and I'm here, so you feeling better now?" He asked smiling warmly.
"Yes definitely." I said with a small chuckle.
"I felt lonely as well, I just wanted to come see you."

We continued to chat about random things.
I told him about my recent drawings. They weren't that good but Gee said that they looked amazing.

Gerard's pov

When she showed me her drawings I wanted to smile but at the same time cry.
Let's just say these pictures were on the darker side.
They looked beautiful but I couldn't imagine how she must have felt while drawing these. But I appreciate that she trusts me enough to share her art with me. It really makes me happy to see that she trusts me as well.

After two hours of talking with her, I decided to head home.
Frank's words of 'me giving a dad vibe' replayed in my head over and over again. I got an idea. A small part of me was telling me to forget about it but the other part told me to do it.
I made up my mind but I was still doubting.

I walked to the front desk and asked for Rosemary. She was supposed to be in charge of Laysa.

A nice guy showed me a way to her office.
I knocked on the door and opened it when I heard 'come in'.

"Hello." She said to me.
"Hello I'm Gerard" I said.
"Yeah, Laysa has told me about you a little."
I was surprised, to be honest. It felt nice that she thinks that I'm that important to her that she tells people about me.

"Why you want to talk to me?" She asked.
"I'm interested in adopting Laysa."
She looked at me for a while then said
"Really?"
"Yes!"
"If you really want then you have to fill these papers, and we have to check if you're reliable."
"Of course."

She handed me some papers where I had to put my personal info.
I was surprised that it was that easy. Of course, I haven't adopted her yet, that's a long process. But I didn't think it would be so easy to talk to her and start the process I guess.

When I left I felt so happy but also worried, maybe it won't work.
Also, I just went to visit her but I realized how much she means to me and Frank's words just pushed me to Rosemary's office.

But maybe she doesn't want me to adopt her. Would it be weird? That I want to adopt her out of nowhere?

But it was too late now.
I just had to wait for a phone call from Rosemary to know if I'm accepted.
I hope I am and I hope Laysa wants me to be her dad.

It's a good thing that me and Frank told the other guys about Laysa.
It would be weird if I adopted her and guys wouldn't know. Yeah, I do have to tell them about adopting but I will wait until it's sure.
But Frank I was telling, so just like that, I dialed his number.

"Hey."
"Hey"
"So I have to tell you something"
"What?"
"Remember when you told me that I give off 'dad vibes'?"
"Yeah?"
"Well it didn't leave me alone and I realized that I love Laysa like my daughter."
"Awe"
"So today when I went to visit her..."
"What?"
"I just went to visit her but something inside me said that I had to go talk to the one who is in charge of her right now."
"Where is this going?"
"Well, I applied to adopt her."
"No...!" He said in a shocking tone.
"Yes."
"Oh my..."
"Yeah, I'm waiting for a call to know if I'm being accepted or not and if I am then we need to ask Laysa."
"Wait she doesn't know?"
"No, it was a quick decision, but I know that I love her as my daughter."
"Yeah, you guys really should be a family."
"Let's not tell others yet, at least until it's not sure."
"Okay."

We chatted for a while, talking about Laysa.
I really hope I can adopt her and she wants to be my daughter. I love her.