25

Laysas pov

It has been a couple of days since I moved in with him. And so far so good. We have been drawing a lot and listening to a lot of music. But there is one thing that I really miss—my books. I've read some ebooks but they're not the same as holding a real one. So that's why I decided to find the courage to ask Gee if he would like to go to a bookstore or a library. Maybe even just to browse books. I just miss the feeling of holding a book.

“Gee... Umm- can I ask something?”

“Yes of course you can. Is everything okay?”

“Yea, its just that– Umm I don't wanna be a burden and if you say no that's fine…”

“Laysa? You are not a burden. And what do you want to ask?”

“Umm– as you know I like to read.”

“Oh yeah, I'm sorry I haven't bought you any books. We haven't even been to a bookstore together.”

I nodded shyly.

“You know, let's go right now.” He said energized.

“Right now?” I asked surprised. I knew he would get me some books but didn't think he would want to go right now. We haven't even eaten breakfast yet.

“Yes! Just go get ready and I'll change my clothes.”

“We haven't even had breakfast yet?” I said amused.

“We will get some Starbucks or something on the way.”

I nodded my face lighting up and I ran upstairs to my room to get ready.

I put on some mascara and brushed my hair just to make myself a little bit more presentable.

I put on some light blue mom jeans and a basic black t-shirt throwing a zip-up band hoodie on top of it.

I was so excited.

I ran downstairs where Gee was already waiting for me.

I quickly put on my converse and hopped after Gerard as he left the house.

The car ride had such a vibe. It was a really beautiful day outside. And we had the windows down while we listened to Slipknot.

Soon enough we pulled into the Starbucks drive-thru. We got our drinks and sandwiches and drove off.

After eating we went into the bookshop.

It was quite huge but cozy. I immediately went into the fantasy section. Eyeing everything that was there. Gee just walked after me and from time to time picked up a dook and drowsed it.

I found three books that I've been wanting to read but never did.

But I couldn't decide which one I should get. I wanted to only get one so I wouldn't be too much. But Gee insisted I got all the books I wanted. So that is how I ended up with eight books in my cart. Gee bought some for himself as well. Mostly comics though.

We paid and then he asked.

“Would you like to go to a different one now?”

“Wait really?” I asked excitedly.

“Yes.” He said smiling and looking at me with this adored look.

In the other bookstore, I found three more books that have been on my tbr. 

And two fiction books that I decided to check out.

We got into the car and he asked if I wanted to go somewhere else but I just wanted to start reading my books. So right when we got home I ran upstairs and started reading. I really enjoyed today. It was perfect and hanging out with Gee made me so happy.

Gerards pov

I took Laysa book shopping today and it was the best decision ever.

She looked so happy and she definitely was really excited to read the books she got.

I just adored her so much. The way she smiled when she found something she liked to the way she giggled while reading the descriptions of the books.

It was all so perfect.

My phone rang. It was Frank.

“Hey man..”

“Hey man.” I answered

I told Frank about our trip to the bookstores and overall how today went.

“And you didn't invite me? You know I would never say no to a trip to the bookstore!” He said jokingly. I knew he understood that I love spending time with her.

“You know next time you two should go together– if she's okay with that of course.” I suggested.

“Yea I would love that!” He sounded like an excited little puppy.

“But I need to go and make some dinner for us now so bye.”

We hung up and I went straight to the kitchen.

After I finished our rice bowls and called Laysa down to eat.

She was so glued to the book she was reading that it took me a couple of tries to get her downstairs. But it was all good after seeing how happy she was. We ate and talked about the book she started to read.

“Just please don't read all night okay? You need your sleep as well.” I said knowing damn well she wasn't going to listen to me.

She is so adorable I swear.