Chapter 9

It was late one night, all were asleep but one, Shadow. She remembered perfectly what she did before falling to sleep. She was not happy. Shadow faced where sonic slept with Amy next to him and huffed. "Silly, who said I wanted to be awake." She whispered. 

Walking outside she looked at the stars. One of her favorite things to do. Shadow knew she had lived many lives, slept for hundreds of years. She could no longer remember exactly how old she was. 

After her last unfortunate try to be somewhat normal, she had went into hibernation. Thankful no one knew her name, so maybe she wouldn't have to wake up again. Sadly even she knew that the other creatures and wolves used the word Shadow in many conversations. Over 300 years and someone successfully awoken her, by accident.  

This did not mean it was any easier for her. Willow, her first caretaker, had done her best to try and teach Shadow, but knew the ebony wolf wouldn't learn. Shadows' purpose was not to destroy, but unite others. She was supposed to bring peace. Unfortunately Shadow loved to play on the more dangerous side of things. 

Why she was led to these wolves, she had no clue. They had the largest pack, the most alliances.  They had peace. Sure she managed to let that sick pack die off. It was not for mere entertainment, they would have passed on regardless, she just did them the favor of not suffering longer. 

The 11 pups in the nursery were sick and would have only died later in the winter time. She had sensed it when she visited and spoke with Cloud, the only one that would make it. So Shadow made the decision, even if she enjoyed doing it, to finish the pups herself. 

She was not just doing things willy nilly, she had her reasons. And she honestly wouldn't expect them to realize that. Aggravated and annoyed, she continued her walk. Passing by dens, listening to the wind. 

"These wolves think they are untouchable, that peace is here to stay. Devastation, war, it will maybe help these wolves learn better. Can they not see? They are doing it to themselves?" Shadow spoke as she walked. She was nervous, she did not wish to run to Jules, she wanted to speak with him but hoped to do it tomorrow. 

A pack so big, was devastating this forest. Animals being hunted in a bigger group than they could reproduce. These wolves cared nothing for their environment, only because Jules does not care. "Most successful pack, they say. Most generous pack, they say. Ugh! These wolves will be their own doom!" Shadow said angrily. 

She was heading to the forest hunting grounds. Once she arrived, she closed her eyes. Her ears flicked in all directions, painting a picture perfect of the forest and where the certain animals were located. Her plan was to evacuate the forest, help the animals move elsewhere for the time being. 

The legend of the black wolf was different between wolves and other creatures. Where the wolves thought she brought pain, the woodland creatures thought she brought protection. 

Successfully moving all creatures that the pack normally hunts out of the area. She walks back into the dens area. Next to the door of every den, was a black rose. It was the first of the roses that would dedicate what would happen. 

"Sleep easy, pack. For the future, you will discover what it has in plan. This will be fun. For me." With that the ebony turned and walked back to the den. Jules was now asleep in his resting spot. "Alpha, hmpf. You are simply not worthy. A new leader shall emerge in the end. Let's see who that is." Shadow whispered. 

Laying down, she was not quite ready to sleep yet. She stayed up most the night thinking of her next plan. She couldn't just do everything quickly, it had to be gentle. Otherwise her lesson would be missed. Perhaps she would offer help to help them learn, though they probably wouldn't listen. 

Finally laying down in the early morning, she went to sleep with a smile on her muzzle. Waiting for what would come for the next day.