Epilogue

It has been 1,000 years since Sonic last saw Shadow, yet he still waited. Running his pack the best way he knew how. He walked to the nursery, new pups had been born and he wanted to see if any had the elusive black coat. For a thousand years not a single pup with fur as black as night had been born to his pack, but he always checked anyway.

"Good morning Sonic." An older lavender coated wolf said she was in charge of the nursery. "Good morning, Navi." He said as he walked to where the new wolves were kept. Navi walked with him. "There were 20 pups born yesterday, more will be born tomorrow. Today it seems all are light colors." Navi smiled. Sonic's ears dipped, most of his pack was vibrant colors so of course black was going to be harder to get. After looking at all the pups, he went back to his den. He will check again tomorrow.

For the past 300 years, no one had a baby with a coat as dark as night. The closest it got was a dark gray. He sighed. "Maybe I should search again.." He said to himself and slowly drifted to sleep.

The next morning he awoke to a howl. He made his way to the call at the nursery. "What happened?" He asked. Navi was huddled around triplet pups, each with black fur. His eyes widened and he quickly looked in the direction Navi was growling. In the dark shadows, he saw those ruby eyes he began to fear he would never see again.

Shadow stepped forward and soundlessly barked, quickly turning to leave. Sonic blocked her path. "Don't go, I have waited for you for so long." He said almost desperately. "Sonic, It has been so long. Your pack and the land are doing great thanks to you. I have heard the pleas of mothers whose babies I took. I wish I could leave them their kids, but I do not want to risk it." Shadow said as she looked at the small triplets.

"You won't know until you give them a chance." Sonic said. Sonic had been training an adopted young male to take his place as alpha, so he could search for her. Shadow nodded, agreeing to leave the pups with his small pack. His pack was only 20 wolves, plus the 20 or more pups now, but they would soon be sent off to join another. He would only keep 5 pups around to grow their small number again, then they cycle continued.

All those years, Shadow had been watching. She stayed close to their pack, took notice how Sonic kept his numbers small, and the pack easily able to move. He was waiting for her, and would not let her go again. She smiled, she never thought he would actually wait.

"Sonic, I want to propose an offer." She began. "What is it?" He asked. "Will you consider coming to my pack, be alpha with me? You have proved your point and there is not a day I do not miss you. Join me?" She asked. He wagged his tail. "I will join you, if my pack can mix with yours." Sonic said, she nodded and they hugged.

From that day Sonic and his pack was moved to the once ash barren land now covered in beautiful forest. Black mixed with vibrant colors, together for all of time they would run their pack and protect the lands.

Shadow and Sonic ended up having their own pups, 5 of them. One black with green eyes, one blue with green eyes, 2 a mix of black and blue with amber eyes, and one blue with ruby red eyes. They trained the pups and sent them out to help other packs and lands in need.

The story of the Black wolf became a story of the black and blue wolf, what some ask is was it a myth or was it truly reality?

The End! <3