Chapter 2

Two weeks pass as Sonic is now nicely healed. No one has seen or heard of the ebony since that day. Though Sonic's problem is getting Amy to leave him be. She had stayed with him for the full two weeks to make sure he healed and didn't strain himself. 

Today he was finally able to walk around the pack. He will resume his training tomorrow. For now though he is walking around with Amy by his side. "Oh! Isn't this amazing Sonic! Imagine when we are mates and will be walking this same exact path!" She exclaimed while rubbing up against him. 

"Geez Ames, I don't see ya that way. You're more like a sister than a lover." He responded, looking for any way to separate from her. Though much to his disliking, she kept talking and following him. He was looking around at all the pack members going about their normal days. Nothing was out of order, just how he and his father liked it to be. 

Pups playing at the nursery, a group of male wolves out hunting for enough food for everyone, females gathered taking care of the pups or gathering things they need for their jobs. There were more than 100 wolves in the pack. Around 12 or so were pups, 20 dedicated for hunts, 5 healers, 10 gathers for supplies, 5 for the nursery, 30 were protectors, 3 Alphas, 1 Amy, and 1 ebony. Some wolves didn't have jobs but stayed around or helped where they could. 

The day went well for a while. Sonic and Amy were laying down in the sun, warming their coats. That was until they heard howling. The whole pack went to gather around the distress call. When they approached everyone gasped and sat down with their heads bowed. 

The call came from Jules, nudging his mate's neck. Sonic was in tears laying down near his mother, ears pinned. Jules, crying, did not even know what happened. She was fine minutes ago when he went to go check on the hunting pack. One of the healers was looking over her but unfortunately, there was nothing she herself could do. Aleena had passed away. There was no cause for what they could tell. 

Some of the pack helped dig a proper grave for her. When she was moved, however, there was a rose underneath her. At that moment, Jules had an idea what caused his wife's passing. Aleena was buried and the group moved a rock over her grave. Everyone ate and went to their dens to grieve for the lost soul. 

The ebony sat next to the grave, it did not mean for her to pass. The wolf just wanted to play. Since she was alone, it took the chance to approach her and try to play. Things took a turn for the worst and the ebony was just to ruff. Laying on the grave, the ebony stayed. For once it did not take any food and did not return to the den it now occupied. It simply stayed laying on the grave. 

The next morning, Sonic went to visit his mother. When he arrived, he saw the ebony. Rage boiled in his veins and he growled. It was loud enough it caught the others' attention. Only ebony showed no aggression. It pinned its ears, tucked its tail, and whimpered. 

As an alpha Sonic learned to be an understanding leader. Sonic looked in ebonys eyes. A look of regret and sorrow swirled in its eyes. Sonic calmed down and sat at the edge of the grave. 

"Wish ya could talk." He mumbled. He only earned a head leaning to the side. "For someone who's supposed to be old, you don't know much." He chuckled at his own joke. The other sat motionless. Sonic began to wonder if the ebony was supposed to be from legends, why is it that its behavior showed similar to a pup. 

Sonic started to think of his mom, tears now staining his cheeks again. The ebony noticed it and simply walked over and dropped a purple rose, in front of Sonic. After it returned next to the grave. Sonic looked at the rose. "Where did you get this?" He asked. But no answer was heard. 

When he looked up all over his mothers grave sprouted beautiful purple flowers, close to her fur color. Though the other was no longer around. Sonic spent the rest of the day crying at his mothers grave, now beautifully decorated with purple roses. 

When he left to go home, he picked up the rose the ebony left him. It was strange how after hours and hours the single rose did not wilt. He curled up with the rose next to his side. How he missed his mother, he fell asleep dreaming sweet dreams of her. 

Jules had not been seen all day. He did not abandon the pack, he was simply searching for the ebony where they last encountered it. Though he didn't realize ebony still stayed by the grave of his mate. 

~With ebony~

This accident still wouldn't prevent the ebony from playing. All it told it was that it needed to be more careful. Next time it wants to play with one of the stronger wolves, then it may not hurt it as badly. Without knowing much of the peace treaties, it had to wait to ruin those. For now ebony would pick the lesser fun things until it decided who it could trick into giving information. 

Only the night wolf knew in order to do so, it may need to figure out the 'talking' thing the blue male spoke of. So without further thinking it began trying to speak. Harder done than said, it may need some help.