Chapter 12

When morning rolled around, all was silent. Shadows' eyes slowly opened and she yawned. She decided Amy needed to pay, only she wouldn't act on it. She truly believed Sonic loves Amy and vice versa. Slowly she got up and saw Sonic on the far side of the den asleep, Amy on the other end. 

Jules was nowhere in the den. Shadow quietly slipped out of the den, going to look for the alpha. She didn't have to go far, he was at his wife's grave. Lowering her ears, she approached. "Alpha." She whispered. 

"Jules, call me Jules. Tell me did you attack Amy with the intent to kill?." He questioned. "No. I was training when she randomly attacked. She accused me of planning something, but I told her I had no intention of it." Shadow explained. 

"Who are you ebony? How can I trust what you say? Given your record here so far, it seems likely for you to attack her." He yet again asked.

 "Alpha, I didn't mean harm. Yes I did things but I had my reasons. The land and some of your pack has suffered and no one noticed. Your wife, I didn't mean to hurt her. I only wanted to play. Alas, the outcast will always cause problems. You ask me who I am, I am afraid I cannot answer you. I've lived far too long, sometimes as a savior, others as an enemy. I only want to help and will continue to do so, no one will stop me from achieving that. You ask how you can trust me, it's simple. I protect, I care. No I personally do not like Amy, but I wouldn't hurt her. She is too precious to Sonic. I refuse to hurt those closest to him. He is a true Alpha, I only wish to help brighten the future for the land and your pack." She finished. 

Jules was silent as he thought over what she said. Not only believing her, but figuring out a secret. "You like him?" He asked. "Pardon?" She replies. "My son, Sonic, you like him?" 

Shadow took a step back. "Alpha, it is not like that. Even if I did, he is betrothed." She lowered her ears slightly. "Will you leave? Once the land and this pack are working well again?" He asked. Slowly she nodded. She could not stay and it was only painful to admit it. Silence rang in the air. Jules was staring at his wife's grave and Shadow was in deep thought. 

Alway, always had to leave. No one wanted her, no one liked her. The black wolf was only looking for peace, though she would not find it. Cursed to walk the world, while everyone around her passes on. In the past, 300 or so years ago, she was awake and happy. Found by humans, token in. She lived and loved her little girl. Slowly her girl got sick, terribly sick. Shadow had stayed by her side for as long as she could. She thought she was ready to say goodbye to her little girl. 

She was wrong, the little girl passed, Shadow sent her energy through the child trying to bring her back. It was too much and the little girl's body caught fire. Pissed, in agony, and over all depressed, Shadow did the only thing she knew how. Destroy everything. After using so much of her powers she layed on the ashes of her little girl and fell into a deep slumber. 

When Shadow came back to reality, Jules was gone. Tears streaked her muzzle. She did the one thing Sonic would approve of to get rid of her frustration. She ran. For once she didn't lash out, she was able to control it and just wanted to run. Only running didn't help. There was no way to get out the pent up energy. Regardless she ran and ran. 

By the time she came back, it was night. No one was in the den. She went into the corner and started to dig. She wanted to be left alone and hide. That's exactly what she did. 

Soon Sonic and Amy walked in, they had no clue the ebony one had returned. "Sonic!!!! You're supposed to be mine!!!!" Amy ranted. 
"No! I don't love you!" Sonic yelled with a hint of a growl. Ebony ears perked at the conversation. Amy and Sonic continued to bicker until Jules walked in. 

"Where is Ebony?" He asked. Both looked confused. "I need to speak with her." He responded.  When the two still didn't answer he left. Soon Amy left as well. Sonic looked around the den and discovered the hole. 

Slowly he crawled in, soon coming nose to nose with the black wolf. He smiled. "Here you are, what are you doing?" He asked as he backed up a little. "Hiding." Was her simple answer. "Shadow, would you like to join me and my father, Amy, for dinner tomorrow?" He asked. Normally Shadow didn't join the Alphas or Amy for dinner. She would eat alone. 

Nervously she nodded. "Great! In the morning I want to talk to you about some things." Sonic said as his tail wagged. Shadow nodded again. 

Exchanging goodnights, Sonic crawled out of the hole and went straight to sleep. Tomorrow would come faster that way. Shadow stayed awake, curious as to why the sudden invite. She racked her brain for an explanation. After a while she gave up and went to sleep.