Chapter 5

In the mist of the morning, as the alphas were just waking up, some members of their pack entered their territory. They would not reach the pack until later that afternoon. 

Before Sonic and Jules were able to leave the den, Ebony jumped up growling. The 5 wolves and the alphas looked at the ebony, ready to attack. Jules figured the ebony was going to hurt someone. Only as soon as Ebony noticed where it was, it stopped and layed back down. This behavior made the alphas stay a bit longer just in case something happened. 

No one spoke a word and Ebony hated it. "Sssssss….aaaaaaa." The ebony made noise.  "Go on Alphas, me and the others will watch ebony." Sam said. The alphas nodded and made their way out. Ebony looked after them wanting to follow. 

"Sss..aaa..mmm" Ebony whined and pointed with a paw slightly raised to the front of the den. No one moved because they knew who the wolf called for. Sam even couldn't believe it was his name. "Not today." He finally spoke. Ebony whined and layed down. 

As the morning went on like any other day, Ebony was bored and simply tired. It decided sleeping for the day would be best. 

Noon came around and Amy came in, she was not alone. "Will Jules be back soon? We have a visitor." She asked. "I will go get him." A light brown wolf said and left to find the alpha. 

The wait was only a few minutes as Jules and Sonic entered the den. The visitor sat next to Amy. "Welcome, what may I do to help you?" Jules greeted. 

"Your members came to me. They spoke of a miscommunication. I am here to see if I know what communication it is that the wolf uses." The female spoke soft and gently. She was a sky blue color with sapphire eyes. 

"Ah, yes. Excuse me as I was not expecting someone this soon. The wolf is over there, seemingly asleep for the moment." Jules replied. Sonic half paying attention looked in the ebonys direction to see that its eyes were not closed. They were open. "Father, it doesn't seem to be asleep." Sonic whispered.

"Thank you, my name is Jazz. I will try to speak with the wolf." She says. Jules nodes and ignores Sonic's comment. The alphas sit and watch to see if she may be able to speak with the wolf. 

She softly walked over to black wolf, before she got too close to the ebony, it stood. She began speaking in a few different languages. Though the words fell on the ears of the ebony, it simply didn't understand. Jazz stopped talking and began observing the body language. 

In a moment Jazz knew what she could do to speak to the ebony wolf. For a moment she puffed her cheeks then what sounded like a sigh to others was something that made the ebonys ears flick. Jazz in response flicked her tail twice. 

Ebony gave a silent bark and its tail was wagging. The others in the room watched as they couldn't understand what was going on. Jazz huffed, flicked her tail 3 times and her ears twice. Ebony growled. Jazz lowered her body and the black wolf stopped growling. 

She backed up out of the conversation. Ebony sat down. Turning to the alphas she sat in front of them. 

"The wolf is simply tired of being in the cave and requests to be let out. It has been over a month and yet it only went on a walk once. On another note,.." she turned to Sonic "Her name may not be known but you may call her Ebony as you have so far. She didn't know you could not understand her upon first meeting." Jazz spoke softly. 

"You understand I cannot just let it out. That thing killed my wife. It must remain here. Or be banished from the territory." Jules spoke. 
"She. And I am fairly certain it was a mistake." Jazz remarked. Nothing was said for many minutes. "Will you stay here to speak and communicate with this wolf?" Sonic finally asked. Jazz nodded. "I will, though may it be known, I am not from your pack or any of your allies." Jazz said. With that both alphas nodded and made a spot for their guest to stay. Amy left saying quick goodbyes and kissing Sonic on the cheek. To which he snarled and wiped off. 

Jazz spent that afternoon speaking with Ebony. Playing the new, to her, game of tic tac toe. Not much would Ebony respond, and she liked the company, now that someone could understand her. When night hit, Jazz agreed to help Ebony learn to speak. After everyone settled in and exchanged good nights, a small voice said "night." Though shocked, everyone laid down to sleep