Chapter 13 - 2 true loves

Sophie's POV:

"They what?"
Sophie stared open mouthed at the enraged King sitting in front of her. "They cheated!" Tedros shouted with his fists clenched, "I'm going to kill that Goddamned Hort..."
"What evidence do you have of this?" Sophie panicked. Everything was falling apart, her and Agatha's friendship, Agatha and Tedros's marriage, and her and Hort's relationship. It couldn't end like this.

"I walked in, and they were on the bed and Hort had his arm around my Agatha." Tedros said through a snarl, "why else would Hort be holding her like that?"

"But... Surely we can't be mad when we cheated-"
"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Tedros screamed and slammed his fist against her and Hort's wooden table, "I'm not evil Sophie, I feel guilt, unlike a monster like you, two wrongs don't make a right, I won't just let them get away with this."
Sophie winced, "What are you saying? We accuse them?"
Tedros froze, "We admit to what we did, then we accuse them."
"I thought you just said two wrongs don't make a right..."
"That's why I'm divorcing Agatha, and if you know what's best for both you and Hort, you will take off that ring." Tedros cocked his head towards her glimmering diamond engagement ring. Sophie clutched the hand with the ring on it to her chest and spat at Tedros, "NEVER!"

Tedros jumped up, "THAT JUST PROVES TO ME HOW MUCH OF A MONSTER YOU ARE!"
"DOES VALUING MY RELATIONSHIP MAKE ME A MONSTER?"
Tedros collapsed back down and placed his head into his hands. "You can really live with the guilt of what we have done, Sophie?" Tedros peeked through his hands at her, "Yes."

Sophie's face was showing no emotions, and she stared at Tedros, her jade eyes piercing right through him. "Maybe it does make me a monster, but I finally have love, and if people have to suffer for me to keep that love, then so be it."

Tedros sat up straighter, "even if deep down you loved another man?"

Sophie's eyes widened in shock, but she continued, "Teddy, what are you on about now?" She poo-hood, "You know perfectly well what I'm referring to." Tedros stood up and crossed over to her, "Sophie, whether it's been through love or hate, we have always had a connection to each other. Our stories have always been intertwined, so why do we have to continue denying this? It won't do any good. No matter what you did, I always came back to you. In the end we always stayed friends. You tried to steal our throne, turn me against my Queen and kill us all, but yet here we are. Me and you. It will always be me and you, Sophie. Always connected through either love, or hate." Tedros faced her, Sophie remained quiet for a moment, "what do you mean to say?"

Tedros looked her in the eyes, "I mean to say, I have 2 true loves. One good, one evil. No matter what we do, we will never be able to run from this reality, Sophie." Sophie gasped, "2 true loves... That's impossible Tedros!"

Tedros sighed, "I thought so too, but do you have a better explanation?" Sophie didn't say anything. "Exactly." Tedros hung his head. "My feelings for you have always been feelings with a burning passion, love or hate. That only happens with your true love." Sophie felt the same, there had been times she hated Tedros with every fibre of her being for stealing her best friend from her, and there were times she loved Tedros with all her heart. There were never any in betweens. "I feel the same." She whispered and looked away.

After a few minutes silence, Sophie spoke, "well, what now?"
Tedros took a deep breath, "I don't-"
The door burst open, silencing him. An out of breath Hort fell into the room panting, "we've been looking for yous everywhere." He leant against the chair, catching his breath. Agatha followed him inside, somewhat more calmly, "we need to talk, all of us."

//I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS OR SETTING OF THE TEXT, ALL RIGHTS GO TO SOMAN CHAINANI, AUTHOR OF THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL SERIES//

A/N: And that's chapter 13 for you all! We may be approaching the end of this fanfiction, I can't quite believe that. It has been around 9 months since I first started writing this, and I also can't believe the support I've been given since then, considering how inconsistent my updates are, it's insane! Nearly 2k reads? I must be dreaming. Thank you all so much, to everyone who has supported me, I plan on giving shoutouts to some of the people who have constantly read, voted and commented throughout this long period of time, or even people who are just finding this fanfiction now. You all have helped me so much and I am seriously eternally grateful to all of you. Ily all so much <3