Chapter 16 - Marry me

Hort's POV:

Hort now knew what he had to do, Sophie was his true love. The two had always found themselves back together no matter what hardship they faced, and he wasn't going to let this be the end, because he knew, and had known for years that Sophie was the only one for him.

Agatha was looking down and shaking, still in shock, the poor soul had lost her husband and her best friend in the space of 5 minutes, but Hort was refusing to give in as easily. Sophie may be difficult, disloyal, and supposedly 'unfixable', but she was his beautiful mess, and he was willing to do everything to keep it that way.

"Sophie!" Hort charged out of the door, Sophie was standing there face to face with Tedros, but that meant nothing to him. The pair, who had obviously been engrossed in conversation, turned to him in shock. "Sophie," Hort panted, "Don't leave. Please, damnit, don't go."

Sophie's POV:

Sophie stared at Hort in shock, after a moment, she replied with, "Why?"

"Because I love you, goddamnit, I love you too much to give you up this easily." Hort looked her in the eyes, Sophie turned away, "This isn't right. Hort, history just will keep repeating itself. This will happen again-"
"No it won't." Hort cut her off, "Sophie, I love you more than anything, and I will do anything to be with you. If watching you romance Kings and flirt with Princes is the price of being your partner, then so be it. So no, it won't happen again, if you stay with me, you have total freedom. Just please Sophie, don't go."

Hort looked at her with such intensity and passion that she knew exactly what to do next. She wasn't going to run away, there was so much here for her. So many people that loved her despite knowing who she is, so she made her choice.

"Hort, marry me. I don't mean wait a month so we can prepare a wedding, I mean marry me here and now. I love you too, I love you so much. You managed to make me happy living a life as a villain, without the fairytale ending; if you weren't here I couldn't have done it, I would've still been seeking out princes to romance. But you, you showed me what a real romance is like, where the two genuinely love each other. You were so patient, and always there, even when I was dating all these psychopathic Royals, waiting for me to see you, and I love you so much, so marry me. You're the one Hort."

Hort looked at her, and she got down on one knee. Sophie laughed, "I know we were already engaged, but lets start over." She took his hand, "Hort of Bloodbrook, I don't know how a mess like me is deserving of someone as amazing as you, but if I may, will you still marry me?"

"I thought you would never ask." Hort laughed as Sophie pretended to slide a ring onto his finger, he then pulled her up and kissed her. "We marry tomorrow, I'm not sure where, but it can be a small wedding, only our closest friends invited..." Sophie glanced at Tedros, "...and we don't need any unnecessarily grandiose decorations, in fact we don't need any decorations..." Hort kissed her again to shut her up. "Sounds perfect" He smiled.

Everything was finally coming together.

//I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS OR SETTING OF THE TEXT, ALL RIGHTS GO TO SOMAN CHAINANI, AUTHOR OF THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL SERIES//

A/N: Not sure what I think of this chapter, but its certainly happier than the others. I don't know what I'm going to do in terms of how I write the next few chapters, but there will probably be a bit of fluff. As always, thank you so much for reading, and putting up with my inconsistent updates and all my crap, you're all seriously the best. I just hope that what I write is a good enough apology, which it probably isn't, but please accept my sorry anyway, and ily all so much! <3