Chapter 2 - A day in the life of a queen

Something was up with Tedros, Agatha knew this. She considered it a sort of 6th sense, there was sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste, and the ability to know when Tedros was off. Something was wrong, no question, he sat with his head practically in his cereal it was hung so low at breakfast, before racing off, shouting something like, "Duty calls!" Or, "better get ready, no time to chat!" He would always guzzle his dinner like a horse, or would sometimes even proclaim that he had 'no time' for dinner as he was 'too busy' with king stuff. Agatha hardly saw him anymore. As for lunch, they had it at separate times, without Tedros trying his best to be in Agatha's company for as little time as possible. As for the nights, the two slept in different rooms, and even when she snuck to his chambers early morning, it seemed as if he had predicted her early arrival and left sooner. This whole situation was all too familiar to Agatha, it had happened once before, around 3 years ago, before Tedros and her were kicked out of their own castle. Although Agatha had embraced the life of royalty, and being the face of the kingdom's politics, she would never be happy here unless she had Tedros, she adapted to this life for Tedros, and has remained in it thus far for Tedros. What Agatha didn't understand was why he was quite obviously unhappy, when everything was finally perfect, when they finally had won what they had been fighting for for so long. Sophie was happy, Hort had Sophie, the schools finally had a 'master', if you will, that kept them at peace, and Agatha and Tedros had their kingdom, and each other. It was finally the perfect fairytale ending. But apparently it wasn't, or at least not for everyone.

 It was a normal night, after another normal day, with Tedros acting his normal ways, as if she didn't exist, and Agatha had had enough. She had no idea what time it was, she didn't care what time it was, all she cared about was interrogating Tedros, because no way was she going to be pulled into a world she never wanted in the first place and treated like a piece of dirt on the bottom of his shoe. She came into the royalty business under the impression that this was the only way that her and Tedros were going to be able to spend the rest of their lives together, but yet she has never felt so separated from him before. Down the hallways Agatha charged, she had memorised the directions to the kings quarters just for a situation as this, and as she made twists and turns in what seemed an endless labyrinth of identical corridors, the rage just grew and grew, and as did her pace. Agatha was now sprinting, passing a few shocked maids who gasped and backed off on the way. Finally, she approached the grand double doors leading to Tedros' chambers, and she slowed. Her face drained of colour, back to her normal pale, and suddenly she was nervous. Her anger had masked the fact that she was terrified of what Tedros would have to say, or what he was hiding, but Agatha continued forward anyway, she had to find out.

//I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS OR SETTING OF THE TEXT, ALL RIGHTS GO TO SOMAN CHAINANI, AUTHOR OF THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL SERIES//