~7/7/11~

I was woken up this morning by Payton's loud cries coming from across the hall, I slowly slid out of bed, walked across the hall. I heard Tyler's soothing voice coming from the room, I went in to see Tyler sitting in the rocking chair with our little girl in his arms, rocking her back to sleep with her bottle. I couldn't help the small smile that appeared on my face, I saw Tyler stand from the chair putting Payton back in her crib. He gently laid her down and began to walk towards the door until he saw me. He went to say something but stopped, going to walk around me, I gently touched his arm silently asking him to come with me. We walked across the hallway without saying a single word, once in the room I shut the door with only a small creak admitting from it.

"El, please listen to me I know I hurt you but..."

Before he could finish what he had to say I placed my hand over his mouth.

"You talk too much."

I smirked at him and he smiled, I removed my hand from his lips as he pulled me into his chest.

"When did you forgive me?"

I looked up into his bright blue eyes.

"When I climbed into bed and you weren't next to me."

I felt my face burn with a bright red blush, I looked down and he lifted my head with his fingers to make me look into his eyes.

"I love you Elena, and I'm so sorry."

"I know Ty, I love you too, thank you for being honest it means a lot to know that I can trust you, just next time it happens don't wait two days to tell me. At least if you tell me right away I can kick her ass right after it happens, now there's nothing I can do about it."

He laughed and I gave him a dead serious look.

"Ty, I'm being serious here she had no right not to mention she broke into our home, we need to change the locks and start taking more precautions. We have a baby to take care of, we can't have people breaking into our home it's not safe especially for Payton. I don't care how we do it, I do know that it's not just her who needs to feel safe, I need to feel safe too. I need a gun, I know how to shoot my dad taught me we could just go to the house and get the beretta. It will be easy in and out, I still have my house key, I also want to change the locks to this house, that way no one can get in without actually breaking in. I'm still on leave till next month, I don't feel safe unless you're home and you have to work, we have to do this for our safety and for our daughter we don't have a choice Tyler."

He tried to butt in several times, but I just kept on talking till I was completely finished with all that I had to say.

"Okay now that I can finally speak."

His voice was dripping with smart ass.

"For one I understand changing the locks, however we are not getting a gun, I'll get you a taser, and a few other self defense items, but the last thing we need in this house is a gun. I'll do whatever it takes to make you feel safe when I'm not at home alright. I love you but please no guns."

I left the room to grab my jacket and shoes slipping them on as Tyler looked at me like I was crazy.

"Where are you going?"

Tyler asked as I opened the front door.

"To get the one thing that I know will keep my baby and us safe from everything in this world, the very thing you don't want. When I get back I'll show you how to use it, and you'll tell me why you don't want one or trust them to do what's needed."

I walked out the door, up the hill to my old home, I walked through the door straight to my parents old room, it looked the same just a little dusty. I walked over to my mom's side of the bed pulling up the dirty mattress grabbing the 40 beretta. I grabbed a few boxes of shells(aka)bullets putting them in my bag with the gun. I left my old home for what I hoped would be the last time without a second thought. I walked home to my beautiful baby girl, and loving but sometimes an ass hole of a husband that I still love with all my heart. When I got home Tyler was standing in the living room rocking Payton back and forth trying to get her to sleep. I walked towards them and went to take Payton from his arms, he pulled her away from me and I looked at him with a confused look on my face.