Rescue

"Sit," Loki growled, dumping unceremoniously, onto one of Tony's luxurious couches that were spread across the tower. We had made it, not long before and now that we were here and there was work to be done, he was no longer uncle Loki but now he was my captor. At least the seats were soft. I crossed my arms and put one leg over my other and stared at him. He sauntered around the room barking orders at the people under his control, many of them going back and forth to the elevator. I could only assume they were going to the roof in order to set up the machine. After a few minutes, I saw an older man with graying hair come in that looked a little familiar. Upon a closer look, I realized that it was Dr. Selvig, the man that had been working with SHIELD on the tesseract project. He looked over at me briefly, and gave me a look of what looked like pity before getting on the elevator and heading to the roof.

"Now, be a good girl, while I go and welcome our host home, won't you?" Loki said as he stepped out onto the balcony. I looked out the window and saw Tony flying around in his suit as he landed on a platform. After a moment the platform began to spin around him as it starting removing pieces of his suit. He walked in, and took a look at me sitting on the couch.

"Well you look comfy," he said smirking.

"Very funny, Tony," I said, frowning.

"Cap says hi, by the way," he said winking at me. Had Steve told them about our secret conversation? I could only assume that he had. He wouldn't keep something like that from them, but I could only hope that he wouldn't be stupid enough to say anything in front of Loki.

"Please tell me you are going to appeal to my humanity as my young niece tried to do?" Loki asked, twirling his scepter slightly.

"Uh, actually, I was going to threaten you," Tony said walking towards the bar.

"Perhaps you should have kept your armor on for that," Loki replied smirking.

"Yeah it's seen a bit of mileage, and you have the glowing stick of destiny. You want a drink? Alia, you want a drink?" he asked, looking over at me on the couch.

"Whiskey if you've got it," I said with a smirk.

"Stalling me won't change anything," Loki said, smirking, but sounding a little irritated.

"No, no, threatening. No drink, you sure? We're having one," Tony replied. I got up off the couch and headed to the bar. Loki growled at me slightly.

"What? He offered me a drink. Its rude to refuse your host when he offers you a drink," I said, stopping a few feet from the bar.

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing can change that. What have I to fear?" Loki said turning towards the windows and back to us again as he spoke. His agitation was becoming clearer and clearer.

"The Avengers," Tony said simply. Even I had to raise an eyebrow at this statement. "It's what we call ourselves. Sort of like a team. Earth's mightiest heroes."

"Ah yes, I've met them," Loki said sarcastically. 

"Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction I'll give you that one but let's do a headcount here, your brother the God of Thunder, your niece the demi-god, a super soldier, living legend who kind of lives up to the legend, a man with breath-taking anger management issues, a couple of master assassins and you big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one," Tony explained thoughtfully.

"Let's not forget a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, superhero to that list," I said smirking at Tony as he handed me my drink. He smirked back at me as he walked towards Loki.

"Not to mention several SHIELD agents for kidnapping one of their own," Tony finished.

"That was the plan," Loki said with a grin.

"Not a great plan," Tony said, taking a swig of his drink. "When they come, and they will, they will come for you."

"I have an army," Loki snarled.

"We have a Hulk," Tony retorted.

"Oh really? So he's still around is he?" Loki asked, surprised.

"That's not the point. The point is there is no throne, there is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the earth, you can be damn well sure we will avenge it."

"Wow, Tony. Did you make that up on the fly or did you have that thought out when you got here?" I asked, a little surprised. "I thought Steve was the one to give speeches."

"You're breaking my heart here, Alia. I thought it was really good," he said sounding a little hurt.

"No it was great, I've just never heard anything quite like that come from you before. I wish I could have recorded that. Jarvis did you get that recorded?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am," Jarvis replied.

"I'm so showing that to the rest of the team later," I laughed.

"Are you done?" Loki snarled. "How will your friends have time for me when they are so busy fighting you?" He came at Tony with the scepter and tapped him in the chest with it. It did absolutely nothing so he tried again.

"This usually works," he said confused.

"Well you know, performance issues, aren't totally uncommon," Tony said sarcastically. I had to bite back a laugh. "One out of five you know-" He was cut off as Loki grabbed him around the throat. 

"Loki! Put him down!" I screamed at him. He threw Tony across the room toward the windows.

"Jarvis, anytime now," I heard Tony mumble. Loki grabbed Tony by the throat again, yanking him to his feet.

"You will all fall beneath me," he snarled at Tony.

"Deploy," Tony gasped as Loki threw him out the window. 

"Tony!" I screamed running to the window, before Loki grabbed me around the waist keeping me in the room. The wall behind us exploded as something went flying in the same direction that Tony had fallen. 

"Let go of me. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you are just a murderer," i snarled at Loki. Just then I heard a rushing sound, and Tony came flying up and raised his hands, repulsors aimed at Loki.

"Alia, hit the deck!" he shouted as he shot at Loki. I jumped out of Loki's arms just in time, before the blasts knocked him back and he hit his head against a wall.

"Doesn't feel to good bashing your head against something does it asshole?" i asked with a smirk.

"Come on kiddo, let's get you down to the others, I know there is a very anxious captain waiting to see you," Tony said, taking me by the waist before taking off. Just as we had started heading for the others, there was an explosion on the roof, and the portal opened. A huge beam of light shot up toward the sky, and a hole opened up. After a few seconds, hundreds of aircraft with ugly snarling creatures began to fly out of it headed for the ground.