Attack

As we made our way back into the lab, Tony and Fury were arguing about something called Phase Two. I saw Nat stiffen but I was confused. Just as Tony was asking about what it was, Steve entered carry a huge weapon in his hands.

"Phase two is where SHIELD uses the tesseract to make weapons. Sorry computer was moving a little slow for me," Steve said angrily looking from Tony to Fury. 

"Director what is going on?" I asked looking from the weapon on the table to Fury.

"You didn't have clearance for that information Agent Fraser," he said calmly. I turned to Nat. I asked her silently with my eyes, begging her to tell me that she didn't know about this. She only nodded and I walked over to Steve, feeling betrayed. 

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the tesseract. That does not mean we were-" Nick started, but I knew what was coming next was just more lies. I had never felt more betrayed by my employers or my friends.

"I'm sorry, Nick, what were you lying?" Tony said, turning the monitor to show us schematics of the weapons. 

"I was wrong director, the world hasn't changed at all," Steve said, taking my hand. Just then Thor walked in and was confused by the tension in the room.

"Did you know about this Natasha?" Bruce asked looking over at her.

"Oh, she knew all right," i spat out staring at her. "I thought of you as my sister and then you go an condone something like this."

"It wasn't like that Alia. And doctor would you like to think about removing yourself from this environment?" She asked looking at him.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed," He shot back at her.

"Loki's manipulating you," she said calmly. I felt a pang when i heard his name, knowing that he was my uncle was still weird for me.

"Oh he's been manipulating him but what exactly have you been doing Natasha?" I asked her with venom in my voice.

"He didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at him, Aliana," she snapped at me, finally losing her patience with me.

"Yeah and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction," Bruce said with finality. It was quiet for a moment until Fury spoke again.

"Because of him," he said pointing a finger at Thor.

"Me?" he asked bewildered.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned," Fury said exasperatedly. 

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor said. He snuck a look over at me and I shrugged. I had no idea where this was going.

"But you're not the only people out there are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled," Fury finished.

"Oh, like you controlled the cube," Steve countered sarcastically. I was standing in a state of shock. There wasn't much more I could do other than stand and try to absorb what was happening.

"Your work with the tesseract is what drew Loki and his allies to it. It was a signal to all realms that Earth is ready for a higher form of war," Thor said warningly.

"What do you mean a higher form?" I squeaked out. Steve squeezed my hand reassuringly but did not look at me. 

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something," Fury replied calmly.

"Yeah a nuclear deterrent. Because that always calms everything right down," Tony said sarcastically.

"Remind me how you made your fortune Stark?" Fury countered turning to look at him.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep in-" Steve started.

"Wait, wait, I'm sorry how is this now about me?" Tony interjected, beginning to get frustrated again.

"I'm sorry isn't everything?" Steve shot back at him letting go of me to turn to Tony.

I'm beginning to get a huge headache. I can't believe that everything is falling apart the way that it is. Everyone is at each other's throats. My head snaps up as I realize we are giving Loki exactly what he wants. I look up at Steve and open my mouth to say something when Fury tells Bruce to step away.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off some steam?" Tony asks, placing a hand on Steve's shoulder.

"You know damn well why, back off!" Steve yells, throwing Tony's arm off of him.

"Oh now I'm starting to want you to make me," Tony says getting in Steve's face. I stepped in between them trying to calm them down.

"Steve, Tony, stop this is what Loki wants us to do," I said softly trying to get them to listen but they continue to stare daggers at each other and they ignore me.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" Steve sneered at Tony.

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist," Tony replied with a proud smirk.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah I've seen the footage. The only thing you fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you," Steve the anger in his voice unmistakable.

"I think i would just cut the wire," Tony replied smugly. Steve just smiled at him.

"Always a way out. You know, you may not be a threat but you better stop pretending to be a hero," he said staring him down. I was still between them, with a hand on each of their chests.

"A hero? Like what? Like you? You're a lab rat Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle," he snarled at Steve, making me gasp. I turned towards Tony and slapped him across the face.

"Now you have crossed a line Stark," I said, angrily. He looked down at me in surprise.

"Yeah well same goes for you Fraser. I saw the files about what happened to you too," he said. I gasped and turned to put my face into Steve's chest. His arms wrapped around me protectively and he looked up at Tony.

"Put on the suit let's go a few rounds. Hell, I'll even let Alia have a go. She could probably do more damage than I can," Steve said the anger evident in his voice. 

"You people are so petty, and tiny," Thor said in amusement from behind Steve. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, knowing what i knew about my family now. 

The argument continued for a few more minutes but I tuned it out. I couldn't believe what Tony had said to me. If he had truly read my file, then he knew the horrors that I went through and he never would have made that comment. He truly was as heartless as people said he was. After a moment he spoke.

"Alia, I-" he started.

"No. You don't get to call me that anymore. It's Agent Fraser to you now," i snarled from Steve's chest. I could tell that would make him smile smugly but before he or Tony could say anything an alarm went off, signaling that the tesseract had been located. Bruce walked over to a computer across the room as everyone started clamoring about who was going to get it.

"Oh my god," Bruce breathed, and then the air exploded.