Chp 2: Isn't this a good welcome?

Chapter 2: Isn't this a good welcome?

"Oof.." I grimaced when I almost stumbled my way down on the ground.

Pace let out a snort behind my back, wings fluttering, trying to shake off something on his body.

"You alright there, Buddy?" I asked, still gazing for any potential enemies in the forest.

Pace shook his head in response then let out a grumbled indicating he was tired, head touching the ground, trying to find a suitable spot to rest.

"You don't want to come with me?" Pace lazily wondered his eyes to mine, and snort.

"Stay here and be hidden, okay?" I said, rubbing his nose with my free hand. "There's a cave nearby just go there when the sun starts  to rise, hide there so you won't burn "

Pace nodded, body started to vanished, leaving his eyes seen underneath the night sky.

"I'll be back..."

-

It was a fifteen minute walked from where I left Pace. My mind wonder of to the possibility that will happen once I entered the nation.

It's been three years.

I wonder how's everything?  I have little memories to remember from that nation, nothing but pain and anguish.

Broken promises.

It's not a fond memories to be exact.

A huge crater in the heart of the nation, broken houses, buildings, and relationships.

Eyes filled with distrust, hatred, and sadness.

The unfinished nation who I thought will be soon forgotten with no hope started to rise. It started to build itself and repair, what's destroyed.

As I was nearing, I started to walked slower, and I was awed. The night used to be dark, gloomy, and eerie but now the nation stood before me.

Alive.

Bright.

Different.

L'Manburg

It was beautiful. A scene that I was hoping to see, praying to experience during the war is here right before me.  It was different than before.

"Purpled?"

I turned to my back and was startled to see handfuls of people, staring at me in shock.

"Hello? Been a while?" I smiled.

Punz and Antfrost started to run towards me, smooching me with hugs, and undistinguished  mumbles.

Were they this short?

I snort at my own thinking, trying to wiggle myself out of their holds. "H-Hey, guys" I awkwardly patted their backs.

"Purps!"

"Purpled!"

I sighed, seeing they won't be releasing me anytime soon. "Need a hand?" A familiar voice asked.

"Puffy! It's good to see you!" I greeted. "No need, got these—" pointing the two underneath me still sobbing. "—handled"

Puffy giggled, and nodded.

"Hey, Punz, Ant?" I called.  "I really need to breathe, you know?"

Punz and Antfrost immediately let go, still sobbing. I almost laughed at their reaction.

"Thanks, guys!" I let out a small huffed, fixing my smudge clothes. "Since when did you become such a crybaby?"

"Me?! A crybaby?! I should be asking you" Punz exclaimed, face flushed in embarrassment, and anger. "Why did you suddenly left!"

I shrugged. "I hated here, need a breather, you know?"

"Breather?! What the fuck?!" Antfrost responded.

"LANGUAGE!"

I laughed out loud, when I heard a familiar shout from a far. As badboyhalo and skeppy walked towards our direction.

"Isn't this a good welcome?"

Author's Note:
What kind of animal do you think is Pace? Any Idea? SBI FAMILY NEXT CHAPTER! STAY TUNE!