Expected Confusion and Unexpected Confession

Heat. A fascinating thing about it is that it can mean many things. Well, not really, because many words in the English language have different meanings, but what is fascinating is this meaning: intensity of feeling, especially of anger and excitement.

I am sure you all are not wondering why I have decided to start this...whenever this is by mentioning Heat.

Yes, the H capital is not a typing error. For the things are going to get hot, temperature-wise, I mean. *cough*
The soup was, unfortunately, hot. Thank Buddha and the good karma accumulated by Zhan's ancestors, that it's not scalding because that is definitely not what any of them, especially Yibo, would have wanted.
Moving on.

Zhan yelps, splashing the contents of the bowl on the table as well as all around himself. To say that the action startles the young hot-blooded injured man lusting after his senior would be an understatement.

Despite not being 'fighting fit', Yibo realizes the gravity of the situation and spurs into action at once. Even as Zhan tries to wipe himself clean, nor wanting to take a chance (Omg! Zhan ge might hurt himself.) Yibo takes matters in his own hands (well, one hand, but whatever), using skilled, practiced fingers, he rids his embarrassed yet struggling-to-get-away Bae, I mean senior, off his pants; they pool at Zhan's ankles. "Stay here!" Yibo instructs and rushes to the bathroom.

Meanwhile,  Zhan feels his cheeks burn. "Yibo laoshi," he calls following (and almost tripping a couple of times) the latter, but he stops at the door, "you don't need to help me. You are injured." He doesn't understand what Yibo is doing at the basin with his back turned; the older man presses on, "I am supposed to be taking care of you." He sighs and closes his eyes. 'Why am I such a clutz! Why do I keep embarrassing myself?' He wonders, cursing his lack of self-control and his clumsy fingers.

"Zhan ge," Yibo's voice and the cold, soft touch of the microfiber cloth just under his crotch bring the older man relief he didn't know he needed. The unexpected gesture makes him moan unconsciously. He realizes his mistake immediately, but to avoid further embarrassment, he pretends not to notice it.

The moan does 'precisely' what it is not supposed to. Yibo feels his throat go dry. His hand trembles out of excitement. 'Fuck it.' He mutters after trying to hold himself back for thirty whole seconds, and dropping the wet cloth, leans in to quench his thirst with the taste of Zhan's lips.

Thank Apple for inventing smartphones. For without them, we probably won't have apple's ringtone now. And if we did not have that, the annoying ring would not have stopped Yibo's not-at-all-well-thought-out decision to kiss Zhan and brought him back to his senses.

Yibo immediately realizes his almost-folly and steps away. "Zhan ge, I think it will help if you apply a cold patch to it." He suggests, catching the latter's confused eyes.

Having missed the almost kiss, Zhan follows Yibo's advice while the other returns to his meal, and when Zhan finally joins him, they pick up from where they had left off.

No need to get excited. I am talking about the conversation the duo had been having earlier.

"So you were saying we won't be able to stick with the look; why is that?" Zhan enquires, cleaning up the mess he had made while Yibo returns to his bed.
Pulling out his comfy shirt, he turns to Zhan, "It seems that with your hair tied up like that, you will look taller than me." He hands the shirt to Zhan, who mouths and 'Oh.' and accepts it.

Turning it between his fingers and holding it up, he nods at the younger man and starts helping him change. "What seems to be the problem with yours then? Easy, a little higher, perfect." He sprouts random words, assisting the latter out of his older one and into the new. Not once do his eyes dare to wander lower than necessary.