A Man and his Jealous Heart

Jealousy is the most common personality trait among humans. No, those are not my words. It's what research has revealed. I kind of agree with it. In my years of being a high-end couch potato, I have seen more than my share of TV shows, good ones, and crappy ones, being propelled forward using jealousy as a plot device. Am I fond of it? Well, it depends on who is getting jealous and how favorably it affects my ship.

I am, of course, not talking about ships that sail on the sea. I am talking about the ones that enter our ocean of feelings and make us laugh and cry over the tiniest smiles or eyes that are filled with pain, yearning, and longing but never leave their homes and spill out of their confines. I am talking about all the clenched fists, the sarcastic eye rolls, and the wistful sighs that bring our OTPs ('one true pair'; not one-time password) closer, all in the name of jealousy.

Let's get back to the ridiculous situation our monolid-eyed beauty, Yibo, whose hip thrusts could initiate talks about world peace, had found himself in. It would be safe to say that even though FZhan was the one who had appeared, JZhan, who was born out of jealousy, was not far behind. The only difference between them was that one thought himself to be the Grand Master of Demonic cultivation, and the other was just an overtly jealous version of Zhan ge.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way- to avoid any or all potholes that might hinder your reading pleasure (however minuscule it may be)- let us pick up where we left off, with Wei Ying throwing a fit and walking out of their shared room.

"Wei Ying, stop. Let me explain." Yibo pleads, overtaking the latter and plastering himself to the door, making it impossible for Zhan to leave.

Of course, Zhan being taller and (at the moment) stronger than Yibo, could force him out of the way if he so wished; however, he was not Zhan, he was Wei Ying, and the grandmaster could never imagine winning against his husband's powerful arms and expert fingers. (that detail was unnecessary, but I just put it for my brain's sake, which, at the moment, has taken shelter in the proverbial gutter 🤪).

"Hanguang Jun," Wei Ying pouts, "You are being unfair. I thought you believed in justice and all that. Why are you not letting him plead my case?" The pout morphs into a frown, "What would you have done if I was the one that was cheating, hum?" The Yiling patriarch demands, crossing his hands over his chest and tapping his left foot, waiting for his husband to let him leave.

Yibo had no intention of doing that. He remembers that the only one who could control Wei Ying was Lan Zhan. Earlier, he had always tried to run away from Wei Ying, fearing that what they might end up doing would hurt Zhan (I am talking about emotional hurt, you all), but now Zhan had confessed; the fire was burning in both their hearts. The kiss that had ended sooner than Yibo would have like was a testament to their feelings. With these facts in mind, Yibo gets into the second jade of Lan's mood.

His eyes narrow, "Wei WuXian, did you just accuse me of cheating on you?" He asks in a voice that scares and makes Wei Ying horny at the same time.

In Wei Ying's defense, that is the exact reaction that Lan WangJi's angry voice should invoke in you. And God forbid if it doesn't, then I don't know why you are reading this crack fiction that is literally me lusting over...I mean showing my obsession with these boys.
Yes, I am aware that I have gotten off the point, which is that Wei Ying was horny, I mean scared. *cough*.

Zhan smirks, "Hanguang Jun, you don't scare me. Besides, I have proof." He holds out the short strand of hair.

"That's your hair, Wei Ying." Yibo deadpans, reaching for Zhan's head and pulling out one single strand.

Zhan yelps. "Lan Zhaaaaan!" He drawls, "How dare you damage-"

"Shut up." Yibo rolls his eyes and hands it to Zhan, "Compare them. Your memory may be terrible, but your eyesight is good. Tell me if they match."
Wei Ying, I mean Zhan, accepts the offered item grumbling, but instead of comparing them, he stares at Yibo with eyes filled with suspicion, "How do you explain your lips then!? They are almost swollen. If you tell me you did it to yourself, " Zhan falters, "I...I won't believe you!"