[DRACO MALFOY DRABBLE]

Prompts: "Do you think you could just magically waltz back into my life after everything you did?" and "People change. And I'm not who I was before. I'm sorry for what I did."

Warnings: angst

Word count: 443

You and Draco had been best friends ever since you first met in Hogwarts train - even when you were a muggle-born, he accepted you, treasured you as his friend and you were always seen together, much like Harry, Ron and Hermione were.

You had to keep your blood status as a secret from his parents, and you lied your family name in favor of them thinking you're a pureblood. Especially Lucius was very pleased to find out that Draco had found a friend who was a member of a valued pureblood family like that.

But then Dumbledore was killed, and you found out that Draco had been a participant in that. He fled from Hogwarts, left everything behind - and you were later captured and tortured in Death Eater-corrupted ministry for being a "mudblood" and for stealing a wand.

After the war was won, you went to work for the Ministry, you had to make it a better place again, one that people could trust. After almost five years working there, Draco was standing in front of you, his gaze on the floor, avoiding your gaze. He had come to see you in person to the ministry, he wanted to apologize to you for being so selfish - he tried to slither back to you now when he fully understood it was a bad choice to side with Voldemort.

He mumbled you his apologies, and you sighed, leaning over your desk. "Draco, you abandoned me to keep yourself safe, you were willing to risk me getting in danger for your own good. Do you think you could just magically waltz back into my life after everything you did?"

"I just tried to protect my family." he answered and quickly glanced at your friend nodding at you as they passed by. "I didn't... I didn't realize that you could get into trouble."

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, I'd be safe. I'm a muggle-born after all, against all your ideals. You abandoned me, Draco. You abandoned us all."

"I know." he mumbled and finally took the courage to look at you straight into your eyes. "People change. And I'm not who I was before. I'm sorry for what I did. I just wanted to tell you that."

After a moment you sighed and offered him a polite smile. "Thank you for telling me that. I hope life treats you good. Goodbye, Draco."

And with that, he turned away from your table and quickly walked away from your department, and you weren't sure if you would ever see him again. And maybe it would be better if you wouldn't encounter with each other ever again.