[HARRY POTTER DRABBLE]

Prompt: "You're cute when you try not to blush."

Word count: 351

Your brother was in love, and you could tell it from the start. Ever since Ginny and him had been growing close, you saw how the two looked at each other. Ginny had been looking at Harry that way for way longer than Harry had, but now Harry was returning the looks. He was more cheery, started to be increasingly nervous when he talked to Ginny and they were just blushing at each other without even saying anything.

So of course, as Harry's older sibling, you were teasing your brother about it whenever you caught the two smiling at each other or when Harry had a dreamy look on his face.

"I saw how Ginny looked at you today." you smiled as Harry stared at Ginny exiting the library with a smile on his face. "I think she likes you too."

Your brother's smile dropped and he took in a deep sigh. "You're wrong."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because I- I don't have a crush on her, Y/N. Really. She's just... just a friend." Harry sighed as he tried to hide his face behind his book. "She also happens to be my best friend's sister! Only sister. Plus the youngest."

"Aw, you're cute when you try not to blush. My baby brother is growing up." you pushed the book down and pinched Harry's reddening cheek and he waved your hand off.

"Like I just said, Ginny and I are just friends." he answered, his blush quickly darkening now and you nodded with a grin on your face.

"Sure. Friends. Alright."

He groaned. "No Y/N, really."

"Yeah. Really. And I just bought a dragon." you joked and shook your head. "Look Harry, if she makes you happy, I'm happy. There's nothing to be ashamed of, I think Ron would take that just fine."

"Really?" he lifted his gaze to look at you before he quickly corrected himself, "yeah, I know that. If I had a crush on Ginny, he'd approve. I know that."

You chuckled at his poor attempt to save the situation, but let him be - for now.