❛ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔 ❜

Mizpah (n.) the deep emotion bond between people, especially those separated by death or distance.

miz • pah

They faced the valley below them with brave eyes

They faced the valley below them with brave eyes. There was a hushed silence over the soldiers as the synchronized clinks of armor echoed through the dark forests. With Kai, Reika, and Draven in the front leading the remains of the elf army with anticipation, everyone knew it was a suicide war.

But they continued. For the honor of their people, for the pride of their nation, they continued.

Reika was perhaps the one with the most hunger for war. She'd designed the plan, while Draven got the information and His Majesty executed it. There was no sign of the Fyre Guardian nor the commanders of the army; Drahzan, Gavril, and Falcon.

But soon enough, a screech echoed through the dark night and they looked up, flinching when a falcon swooped down and landed on Draven's soldier.

Everyone knew who he was, Falcon the Legionnaire. With talons that could slice a sword, everyone trembled in his name.

Reika held up a hand and narrowed her eyes at the bird, "What information do you bring?"

Her language was uptight and harsh, leaving no room for question. This was the side of the elves that only came out in war. The unforgiving and ruthless side.

The Legionnaire flopped onto the floor before transforming back to his elvish form.

"The Farsa aren't expecting us," he stated before leaning into her ear. He said something no one could make out but Reika's reaction was enough to set them on edge.

She raised her eyes to meet him with worry before looking at Draven. His highness also looked concerned, undoubtedly hearing what he had said.

"Find her," she hissed with urgency, "The girl must not die."

Draven nodded before closing his eyes. Everyone assumed the electrical pulses were pumping as he searched through the forest around them.

The march had stopped as he felt around, poking and prodding all the tight spaces. He came up with nothing.

"She isn't in this forest," he stated, looking back at Reika with a concerned look, "But I don't think she's dead."

"Elvina's smart," His highness stated, "She'll be alright."

"Does she know we're attacking," Reika pointed the question to Draven and he nodded, "Good then, we continue."

So they continued until they were a little ways down towards the base of the valley, preparing in anticipation as the world around them was going to burn.

➳ ✦ ➳

Elvina ran through the trees, her breathing harsh as she didn't stop. Draven stopped updating her on time so she was desperate to get there before the war started, otherwise, she was sure the Farsa would find her back there before she could do anything.