Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Chag couldn't believe what he saw, his eyes rounded, he was sure they were going to pop out of his sockets.

Indriya... No, Shakti moved toward them as a pair of human hands held an injured woman and the pair of golden honeycomb-patterned ones held a baby.

Chag froze at the sight, blood spread across Indriya's face and her face showed more anger and hostility than fear or sorrow. He had never seen this side of Indriya, not even when she ranked third in her school. It was a frightening sight, but a sight like that could turn tides if the soldiers of Nirvana and her people could see this. She would have a sea of men at her side and Jagad Tamas wouldn't be able to touch her without getting torn to shreds.

"Chag! Don't just stand like a statue, come here and help me, you dumbass!" Indriya's cry shook Chag's flow of thoughts and he rushed, so did Mythri who seemed just as dumbstruck as him.

Chag helped Indriya lay the blood-covered woman down, The veins in her forearm were turning purple due to the poison and the dagger was buried deep into the flesh, had Indriya removed the dagger the flesh would have been severed to the bone, the bone would be ruptured but not cut or broken, which was a good thing.

_____________________________

Mythri winced as she examined the wound, the bone was safe but the flesh was severed, and even with all the pain, the woman's heart was pretty calm, almost normal. The purple rivers underneath her skin was that of a sleeping drug, not poison. Her features rested in unease, even through the blood and gore she looked like a fallen angel with the sharp features and thin and lithe structure, her long, black hair was in a loose knot that had unravelled itself as the Princess carried her. There were many scars all over her and one that spread across her abdomen, from one end to the other. Some part of Mythri felt pity for this woman and she had this queer feeling that she knew this woman, like she had known this woman all along, forever.

Mythri got to work after she assessed the wound, beside her Chag wore a grave expression. The Princess on the other hand held a pair of daggers in both hands and strutted to the place of distress.

Mythri slowly but steadily removed the dagger from the flesh, the blood gushed out very quickly staining the soft green grass a bright red.

Mythri asked Chag to bring various types of herbs that he had luckily read about. While he was gone, Mythri activated her magic, she made a long string-like structure. She deftly moved her hands and sent the string into the skin and weaved her wave through. She alternated the strings as though she was stitching a torn piece of cloth. She examined the damaged cells, she pieced them together, she noticed that a few of the cells were missing so she filled the gaps with the mucous of the lady's body.

She couldn't completely reduce the cut to scabs, but the lady was very strong. Her own body seemed to be erupting with immense energy, vitality poured out of her like lava out of an active volcano.

The woman's body resisted her magic but Mythri sought it and cleaned the wound, the lady's flesh was no longer severed but it was very delicately patched together. The sleep drug will subside with the help of the herbs Chag will bring, she hoped he would find all of them.

__ _______________________

The overhead sun was burning Maan and the forest around her making it humid, the whole plan was a complete failure when the Princess came to the rescue of The Princess of Bhadra. But now she could hit two birds with one stone, maybe even more than two.