Chapter 9

Thank you for reading! Keep giving your valuable feedback! Pls, vote for this chapter as well!

Yours with lots of love,

Deets darling.

Chapter 9

That evening Agni and Mythri visited Indriya's room again, in fact it was a trip to her wardrobe and her fashion sense.

Agni frowned when he saw her feminine wardrobe, he told her that it looked like that of a dancer's or an artist of some sort (actually it was a compliment to Indriya that she has good fashion sense, come on, she is a woman). He scowled when he came across her 'short clothes' which were actually knee length. He recommended her not to wear clothes like that in Nirvana when there were people other than Chag, Mythri and himself.

Indriya stuck her tongue out at his back when he finally pulled out most of her clothes (all of her clothes, actually) and declared that they needed to go shopping. Mythri said she was busy and had to unpack her belongings because she moved to the quarters just that morning and left them to do the shopping.

Agni 'politely' asked Indriya to put on a casual t-shirt, which she did 'without' complaining. So Agni Tamas and Indriya Vatsalya trudged a narrow path through the back entrance of their quarters.

They passed through hallways that had grand blue curtains and red carpets and enormous chandeliers that hung from the carved marble and stone ceilings that seemed to touch the skies.

They reached the commercial part of the city, which was mainly composed of shops, Grocery stores, wedding emporiums, hardware shops, and whatnot.

Although the street was crowded, she sensed that there was a sense of order amongst the people.

They took a little too many turns, Indriya wondered if they were lost but ahead of her but Agni moved, deft and definite as always.

She wondered if they were going to buy all black clothes like his clothes but she could not allow too much blackness into her wardrobe at least not without her mother noticing the sudden change of choice or worse, sudden change of an entire wardrobe.

"Agni." She called him. "I don't have a lot of money with me."

"No, but I do, besides your Indian Rupees cannot be used here anyway." He said taking a right into one of the broad main lanes.

"You...are going to buy me clothes?" She asked, suddenly stopping at the thought.

Agni too stopped and turned back to look at her.

"It's fine, Princess, you can do some favours for me, in return." He snickered.

Indriya shuddered slightly at the thought of the kind of so-called favours he might ask of her, but she suppressed the milk curdling words that were about to come out and saturated alongside him.

They walked for another ten minutes and stopped in front of a shop. The shop didn't have any display window unlike all the other shops that were in the front and not a single soul lingered either on the lane or around the shop. But from outside it seemed quite decent looking to Indriya.

Agni and Indriya went inside to see absolutely stunning dress designs displayed on the mannequins. There were half sarees or gowns or finely tailored suits or kurta pyjamas, and dhoti kurta, Pancha Kanduva and all kinds of Indian outfits, some of which she had never seen and Sarees with pure gold and silver metal threads.

The shop had two floors, it had a luxurious outlook. It had white marble flooring and precarious glass shelves. The walls of the store were illuminated by gas lanterns. There was something about this town and it's flooring. All of them preferred white marble.