Chapter 21

Everyone: * Gasps *
Deets: See, I told you you would one day give this reaction.
I wish I could see your expression for this chapter.
Tell me how you react by the end! :D * evil laugh *

Chapter 21

Agni had never seen Mythri cry so much and she had called Bilvani her older sister. He sure as hell did not understand what was going on and the Princess had also gone slack beside him. He did not understand what drove him but he rushed towards the duo, knelt down beside them and asked “Bilvani, Mythri what happened?”

Mythri looked up at him through her tears. She unwrapped her hands off of Bilvani and wrapped them around him and sobbed. Neither couldn't bring himself to ask her what happened nor did he mind her hugging like that. In fact he wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. Agni never did that to anyone in his life, he never consoled a woman, but he couldn’t stand it when Mythri cried. He couldn’t stand it when any woman cried. The last time she cried was when she was targeted by her father’s guard dogs in the forest.

“Just tell what happened and who did whatever that made you cry.” He said gravely.
“No one did anything to me, Anna.” Mythri said through her sobs.
‘Anna?’ Mythri never called him her older brother, although he didn’t mind her calling him that.
“Bilvani, what happened?” He asked in a concerned tone. “Was it my damned half brother? He has a knack to make women cry. And he enjoys it for some reason.”

Agni clenched his fists but Mythri said, “No, Anna, it was not Achintya.”
She pulled away and looked into his eyes and said, “Agni Tamas, meet her, she is Bilvani Tamas, our sister.” She smiled at him sadly.
Agni’s heart almost leapt out of his chest and his dinner rose in his throat. Bilvani Taamas? Bilvani? Akka? Our sister? Everything around him just seemed to dissolve for a second and every single breath of air became harder to take in.

“What?” Agni went limp, his knees wobbled and he sat down on the floor beside them, and stared at Bilvani with dilated eyes. He couldn’t even do so much as to blink when he noticed his mother’s eyes staring right back at him with sorrow. How could he… how come he never… noticed? Was he so blind in self pity to see anyone else's sorrow?

He reached for her and simply pressed her to his heart. His sister? Bilvani. No, his sisters.
“Why didn’t you tell me Manurhita? I noticed you would never stay around me for even a minute without Chag. Why didn’t you tell…? Oh, sweet lord of Krishna! And I thought I was the best at making illusions.” His voice broke, he chided himself for not noticing his sisters. Especially Bilvani, when it was so evident, he didn’t even understand how he could have turned a blind eye to his own blood. And Manu was with him, beside him this whole time yet…

He was so obsessed with pitying himself that he could easily ignore them.
“You couldn’t have told me in the past two years? Why, Manu? Why, Akka? Did you not feel that I would feel happy? Were you scared of our gods- damned father? I would’ve protected you both with my life. You are my life, you realise that right?” The dam broke in Agni’s eyes, tears rolled down his cheeks, silent ones and he wheezed.

“Agni I tried to tell you a lot of times, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it when I knew you would hate me for running away, for leaving you back there to be tortured by that man….” Bilvani was saying but Agni cut in, deeply.

“I understood why you left but the fact that you were so close to me and still didn’t tell me, was I such a bad brother, Akka? Was I such a burden that ...everyone had to leave, even amma?” Bilvani wrapped her arms around him and Mythri did too.

“And Manurhita, what about you? Why did you not tell me? Does Chag know about this?” He asked although his voice was muffled from his elder sister hugging him.
“Yes, Agni I did.” Chag was at the door, Agni did not notice him entering, Agni hardly noticed anything. He stood beside the Princess who had sorrow in her eyes, sorrow but not pity. His friend closed the door and stood against it with his arms crossed. The Princess looked like she was about to pass out, although he was the one who was supposed to. But then he was afraid that if he passed out and then woke up it would all just be an illusion, and that these two people, his sisters would just vanish from his life so even though the world beneath his feet disappeared he still stood on the vortex of the thoughts from his fear.