Chapter 9: Joe Sparrow

"I made you lunches!" Gertie exclaimed, handing Sasha, Marcy, Grime, and Tarantula paper bags.

Sasha opened it up and looked inside. At first she looked disappointed, but quickly changed her expression as she closed the bag and exclaimed, "Oh! Nachos again! Thank you so much!"

Marcy and Tarantula looked at each other.

"We can't eat these," Tarantula reminded Gertie.

Grime, on the other hand, was happily eating away at the nachos. "I don't have a problem with them!"

Gertie sheepishly took Marcy and Tarantula's lunches back. "Sorry, I'm just not used to this situation yet."

"Oh, don't worry, it's fine. We appreciate your generosity!" Marcy wrote.

"Thanks. Please be careful today," Gertie responded.

Everyone nodded, including Marcy, even though no one could see her; she was a creature of habit.

Everyone was eventually ready for their mission: To get Marcy's body back and to bring it to Wartwood. Marcy and Sasha had told everyone their plan and they had eventually agreed.

"Thank you so much for everything, Gertie," Marcy wrote.

"Yes, thank you," Sasha added.

"Oh, my pleasure!"

As Marcy, Tarantula, Sasha, and Grime started heading to the door, Marcy suddenly stopped and wrote something down.

"Wait. How are we planning on getting back to Wartwood? Are we going to just walk? That might be too risky if King Andrias starts following us. Is there something we could do to go faster?"

Sasha face palmed, "Of course! I almost forgot! We're going to ride Joe Sparrow!"

"Joe! You guys know where Joe is!?" Marcy wrote excitedly.

"After me, Sasha, and Gertie were able to escape King Andrias, we realized we needed a way for us to get down from the floating castle. That's when Sasha remembered Joe Sparrow and we all rode him down," Grime explained.

"He's in the backyard," Sasha added.

The four went to the backyard to get him.

"Joe!" Marcy exclaimed, running up to him once she saw him.

Joe chirped happily at seeing his owner again.

After Marcy got over her happiness from seeing him again, she suddenly started writing.

"Wait. He can see me? I almost forgot for a second about how I'm invisible."

"Animals can sometimes see spirits," Grime responded. "Maybe Joe can."

"Awesome!" Marcy wrote. She then looked back at Joe, "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't try to find you... I just assumed you wouldn't be able to see me... Forgive me?"

Joe chirped back.

"Thanks buddy!" Marcy responded happily.

"OK, so here's the plan. Marcy and Tarantula will get Marcy's body back. It should be pretty easy, Tarantula looking like one of the bad robots and Marcy being invisible, but you do have to be careful the robots don't see Marcy. And be careful about the eye monster. I'll be distracting King Andrias, so he shouldn't be a huge threat. And Grime will be our getaway driver on Joe just outside of the castle," Sasha explained to everyone. "Once you have Marcy's body, signal to me somehow and we will all get on Joe and fly to Wartwood. Any questions?"

"Yeah," Marcy wrote. "What about Anne? Do we have a plan about how we can contact her?"

"I don't know... Maybe Maddie will know something?" Sasha responded.

"Any more questions?" Grime asked. "Alright! Let's do this!"