Chapter 15: BFFs

"Alright, Sash!" Marcy exclaimed, "Kiss, marry, or kill: Sprig, Wally, and... Toadie."

"Eww!" Sasha exclaimed.

It was the next morning and the two were just having some fun while waiting for Anne. They were sitting on the statue in Wartwood and playing some games.

"Um..." Sasha thought. "...Kill Wally, kiss Sprig, and marry Toadie," She grumbled.

"Marry Toadie!?" Marcy laughed. "Can I be one of your bridesmaids!?"

"No!" Sasha responded, embarrassed.

Suddenly, they saw four figures in the distance, running towards Wartwood. One was tall and humanlike, while the others were shorter, two being froglike and the other being tadpole like.

Marcy stood up, Sasha following close behind.

"Do you think-" Sasha asked.

"It's Anne!" Marcy exclaimed.

The two girls began running towards the figures and once Anne noticed them, she started running towards them faster.

They all eventually met and ran into a group hug, all of them crying.

"I knew my dream meant something!" Anne exclaimed, sobbing and breaking from the hug. She looked at Marcy, "Marcy! It's you! You're here! You're alive!" she continued to sob. She then hugged her again.

Marcy hugged her back. They eventually separated and Anne looked to Sasha.

Sasha looked back.

"Anne... I-" Sasha suddenly started.

Anne sighed and looked away.

Sasha also sighed, defeated.

"Look, I'll start, Sasha," Marcy told her. "Anne... I'm so sorry about the calamity box... I can't believe I actually did everything..." She paused, "If...if I could have one wish, I would rewind time so I could go back and not mess with it! I don't even care anymore if I would have to move away from you guys! It would all be worth it if you two would just be happier!" She paused again to try to control her crying. "I... I'm so sorry..."

Anne walked up to her and put her hand on her shoulder, "It's ok, Marcy," Anne said. "It's ok, Marcy!" She repeated, pulling Marcy into another hug and crying again.

"Thank you," was all Marcy could say with how much she was crying.

They broke from the hug and Anne looked at Sasha again.

Sasha was slouching and staring at the ground. Anne looked over at Marcy and Marcy nodded.

Anne started walking over to Sasha while Marcy said, "Now it's your turn, Sasha."

Sasha looked back up at Anne.

"I really don't know what else to say but that I'm sorry..." Sasha started. "For literally everything. Not only have I betrayed you twice... but I've manipulated and controlled you as long as we've been friends..." she paused. "I've never wanted to... I just always get so focused on what I want and don't let anyone take it away from me... And I always feel terrible after I hurt you guys... even if I don't really show it..." she paused again. "I love being your friend Anne... and I want more than anything for us to still be friends! I'm still going to be a little intense... it's who I am...but I promise I'll try to be better with my flaws!"

"I love being your friend too, Sasha..." Anne smiled slightly. She then sighed. "But you said you were sorry last time.... AND THEN YOU TRIED TAKING OVER AMPHIBIA!" She yelled. "I thought we were going to start over! I gave you a second chance even though it was really hard for me to, and then you... you just threw that all away! I... I want to be your friend Sasha! I really do... but I just can't if you are going to treat me so terribly!"

Marcy walked over to them, "Sometimes people need more than a second chance! Sasha really has been trying to change this time around! I've seen her! And you two really do care about each other, I know you do! If... if you two make up, all of us can work together to help each of us get past our flaw and be better people, that's what friends do! And maybe we'll even become closer because of it! After all, Sasha isn't the only one of us who is flawed..."

"I... guess... I've made some mistakes too..." Anne thought out loud.

"I wasn't trying to say you're flawed, Anne! I was... talking about myself..." Marcy responded.

"But I am flawed Marcy!" Anne responded, "We... we all are..." She added, looking over at Sasha.

"Yeah!" Marcy exclaimed, "We could all still be friends and help each other with them! ...Please..."

Anne looked at both of them for a while and thought.

She then started crying as she exclaimed, "OK... I forgive you Sasha!" She smiled at her.

Sasha's eyes filled with tears.

"We'll all help each other to be better... but you need to please try to do better yourself too," Anne added.

Sasha nodded, "I will, I promise."

Anne and Sasha hugged. After a little while, Marcy joined in happily. "And I promise I'll help you guys improve with everything for as long as I still can!"

"Aww! Well, that's just adorable!" they all suddenly heard an elderly voice say.

They broke from the hug and saw the Planters standing there.

"Oh yeah! The Planters are here too!" Anne exclaimed.

"How long have you been standing there?" Sasha asked.

"Oh, basically the whole time," Sprig responded.

Anne chuckled before looking over to Marcy, concerned. "Wait a second. What did you mean by, 'For as long as I still can'?"

"Oh!" Marcy responded, "It's just... I've been thinking and as much as I don't want to, once we get back home, I'm going to need to move away with my family... That's all I meant! Sorry I didn't make myself very clear!"

"Oh, right..." Anne responded sadly.

"But hey guys, we have our phones, right!? We'll just have to call Marcy every day once she moves!" Sasha exclaimed.

Marcy chuckled sadly, "Yeah, I guess so..."

After a bit of awkward silence, Marcy broke it by exclaiming, "Sasha said she would kiss you, Sprig!"

"What!?" Sprig exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh, Marcy!" Sasha exclaimed, "We were playing Kiss, Marry, Kill! Now, come on, let's head back to Wartwood!" She continued as she starting pushing Anne and Marcy away.

The Planters followed behind, Sprig staring at Sasha.

"Well anyway," Sasha cleared her throat. "How were you able to get back to Amphibia?"

Anne smirked and then stopped walking for a second and thought hard about something. She suddenly transformed into her gem power version.

"Ta da!"

"Whoa!" Marcy exclaimed, "You can still do that!?"

"Yep!" Anne exclaimed proudly. "I've been practicing my powers back on Earth, and once you told me you guys needed me back here, I figured out I can teleport anywhere I think of with them if I try hard enough!"

Anne changed back.

"Even to other dimensions!?" Marcy exclaimed.

Anne nodded proudly, "And I can also take other people with me, like I did with the Planters!... But it wears me out... A LOT... even though I've been practicing. It's especially exhausting when I'm teleporting to another dimension with three other people like I did to get here." Anne explained.

"She almost died," Hop Pop casually said.

Anne nodded, "I did almost die, BUT speaking of which, it's time for me to ask the questions. How are you here Marcy? You said you would explain everything to me once I got back to Amphibia."

Marcy chuckled nervously, "Yeah..."