Echoes of Yesterday

I breathed a sigh of relief when my face was free of makeup and picked up the bottle of cleanser.

I focused intensely at every step toning, serums, moisturiser and gliding gemstone rollers over my skin which I was never sure worked but it just felt like I was pushing stress out of my face.

I stared at myself in the giant hotel mirror as I massaged hand cream in my hands trying to force a small smile but felt the fake nature bleeding through and settled for my resting bitch face.

Well lost out on an Oscar for supporting actress but if I was completely honest with myself I was convinced my name coming into the mix was a mistake anyway.

I turned the bathroom light out taking in the empty hotel room, it was nice with its lavish living and dining area and a bedroom with a king size bed with a mattress that felt like a marshmallow and it felt like you were gonna sink right through it.

It was nice yet it felt so empty.

As I had that thought I heard the front door click open and I tightened my black silk robe over myself fearing who or what was going to walk in.

A member of the hotel staff walked in wheeling in a suitcase and he looked up at me and his face went pale "Oh Miss Y/L/N, I'm so sorry, there seems to be a mistake, it seems there has been a double booking for this room, forgive me for intruding,"

I gave a sympathetic smile and walked up to him "It's alright this is not your fault there's clearly a misunderstanding and we can work this out-"

I cut myself off when I saw who was standing behind him.

Sebastian.

Once he locked eyes with me he looked away awkwardly "Y/N,"

I swallowed the lump in my throat "Sebastian,"

He was wearing a grey suit and had a bow tie hanging loosely round his neck, he let his beard and hair grow since I last saw him, a long time ago.

"Mr Stan, there are no other rooms available in the hotel we can arrange for a car to collect you and possibly find you a last minute accommodation elsewhere,"

I sighed "That won't be necessary, it's very late, I am willing to accommodate Mr Stan here, on the sofa bed, if he is happy with that suggestion,"

Sebastian looked up with a hint of confusion in his eyes but slowly nodded "Thank you that's a very kind invitation,"

He entered the room and the staff member nodded and closed the door behind us.

Sebastian put his hands in his pockets and his eyes scanned the room and stopped at me "I forgot how beautiful you were without makeup,"

I rolled my eyes and moved his suitcase beside the sofa "So why were you checking in this late?"

He paced around the room "I was running late for the awards so I had to leave my case in the car go straight there and come here afterwards,"

I started to unfurl the sofa bed "Didn't realise you were going to be there,"

"I was supporting a friend, hey, no let me do that, I'm intruding on you, you shouldn't have to do that,"

"It's fine I can do it," I said a bit sharper than I intended.

He went silent and I pulled a blanket and spare pillow from a cabinet and placed it on the sofa bed.

I stood there awkwardly and he looked up at we stared for a second and he gave a small laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked.