ONE- introductions

May 11th, 1943

He leaned in, cupping my cheek with his right hand, his left coming to snake around my waist. I pulled on his tie, bringing him closer to me. His lips soft lips touched mine, hungrily moving in sync with mine. We only pulled away as we needed air. He grabbed my hand, pulling me over to the bar as we both took a seat on the stools.

"Why can't we see color yet? We've been together for almost two months now." Steve asked, thanking the waitress who had just Brought him his drink.

I took a small sip of my wine, "I really don't know, Steve. I'm sure it'll change soon."

He put his head down, taking a drink. "Yeah, your right, anyways. We're meant to be."

I gave him a small hum in agreement as he turned to face me again.

"There's someone I want you to meet."

I nodded my head, sitting my wine down on the bar. "Alright."

He gave me a big smile, taking my hand in his, pulling me to stand up.

"Here he is now." He said with a huge grin.

"Hi, my name is Bucky." I heard his voice behind my back.

I turned around to face the man my boyfriend so eagerly wanted me to meet. When my eyes locked with his, it was like my vision changed. The world around me was whisked into something I'd never seen before. Grey turned into orange and red. White turned into blue and yellow. My whole life changed in a blink of an eye.

His eyebrows raised when his eyes met mine, not taking his attention off me when Steve stepped into his eye-line

"Hi, my name's y/n. Nice to uh.. meet you."

I could hear the live piano playing in the other room of the bar. Steve's friend, Bucky, took my hand, kissing the top of my knuckles, his eyes never leaving mine.  

"it's nice to meet you too, y/n," he said, softly releasing my hand. 

I smiled, suddenly blocking out everything else in the room. Only focusing on him. "you too, Bucky."

steve ripped me from my thoughts as he patted Bucky on the back, ushering him to a seat. "come on, Buck, have a drink with us."

He turned to sit in between Steve and me. "gladly, so where did you and y/n meet?" He asked after ordering a scotch on the rocks. 

Steve sat down next to him, somewhat pausing before answering. "she's Peggy's sister. I was having a meeting with the colonel, and Peggy introduced us. 

Bucky flashed a grin at me, taking another swig of his drink as I took a sip of my wine. "well y/n Caterer, how long have you known this punk?" I gulped down my drink, turning my attention toward the soldier. 

Steve interrupted before I could answer, "come on now, Buck, is that any way to talk to a lady?" 

Bucky smiled at steve before looking me in the eyes again. Ugh, those perfect blue eyes staring at me, I could look at them for days and never get tired of the view. "sorry doll, my apologies."

I stifled a smirk, "that's quite alright. We've known each other for about three months now." My British accent becoming more obvious now. 

"Are you from London?"

"Peggy and I are both from Hamstead."

He nodded, about to say something when steve cut him off; again. "so Buck, are you ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"