Noticing

This is Derek and Melissa's story. They appear in 'My Bully, My Neighbour' but it's fine if you haven't read it. This story is set when Leo and his friends are 16 and in high school. Enjoy!!
History. The most overrated subject in the world. Also, Mr.Jones seemed to reserve the most awful topics for the day I actually attended his class. "Mr.Feilds, we feel honored by your presence." He said as I entered his class, fashionably late, of course. "Whatever." I mumbled under my breath and headed for a seat in the last row. "What did he do so far?" I asked my friend Jake. "Who cares?" he answered. "I'm here for Waverly" he said staring at a blonde two seats away from him. I shook my head and tried to concentrate on the second world war.

Eventually, my thoughts began to wander. I began to glance at my classmates, until I spotted a student who was actually paying attention. I nudged Jake and pointed towards the girl. He grinned. We hated history. A lot. And what better way than to show your hatred than poking fun at the history geek.

As I waited for class to end, I studied the girl. She had long brown hair that she had put into a braid. Her face was oval with porcelain skin and her smooth cheeks seemed to have a permanent blush. Her eyes were hidden behind a pair of large spectacles. She was nibbling on the edge of her pencil as she listened to Mr.Jones speak. Whenever she came across something interesting,she would note it down in a hurry, her spectacles slipping to the tip of her nose in the process. I chuckled to myself. My study of her was interrupted when I heard Mr.Jones bellow my name.

"Mr.Fields, are you paying attention?"he asked. "Y-yeah, I am. The second world war is one of my favorites, sir." I said. "Fine. Tell me about the causes for the second world war." Said Mr.Jones. The entire class was staring at me and I could feel the geek staring at me. I kept quiet. Mr.Jones sighed. "Miss Howard, state the causes please." I looked up and saw the geek reciting the causes. Miss Howard? That name seemed familiar to me. I needed to speak to her.