Down memory lane.

This chapter is dedicated to Author-L for being so encouraging!! Thank you!!
   I managed to crawl my way through my classes on Tuesday. I regretted my decision of playing online till 3am. My eyes were ready to close and not open until the day of the apocalypse. The last class got over and I made a beeline for the exit when my path was blocked by Melissa.

   "You have a play date with history, remember?" She said playfully. "What made you so cheerful today?" I asked trying not to fall asleep right there. "Oh nothing. I just topped my Physics and Literature test. That's all" she shrugged and led the way to the ground, where a pale blue van was parked. She opened the backseat and chucked her bag in there. "C'mon. You can sleep on the way." She said and got into the drivers seat. I sat in the passenger seat and set my bag in the backseat. I dozed off as the vehicle sped down the streets. The van was a silent machine and I was uninterrupted until Melissa shook me awake.

   "You might want to wake up now. We're nearly there."she said. I pushed myself into a sitting position and looked around. The street was quiet with two storied houses on both sides. The large trees provided comfortable shade in large backyards. Melissa parked the truck outside a house that was all too familiar to me.

   It was painted sky blue with white trimmings. The roof was grey and the front door was brown. However, the windows had paper on them and the gate leading to the front door was locked. I missed my old house. Meanwhile, the Howards' house hadn't changed one bit.

   Their walls wers still a bright shade of yellow with brown trimmings. Their yard had a large tree whose branches protected a section of the street. There was a shape on the higher branches. "Is that our-?" "That was our tree house." Melissa finished for me. I could not believe that it had been almost eleven years since I last came to this neighbourhood. It had been a long time. This was about to bring back a lot of memories.
A/N: This is sort of a filler chapter. The next chapter is going to be longer. I promise! Thanks for being so supportive about this story you guys!! I love you!! -D.