Chapter 39

As Katherine reached the trespasser on Nott property, she quickly helped him up wrapping her arms tightly around him. He returned her hug with just as much enthusiasm, before she becomes too caught up in the moment, she held her wand up at him

"Tell me something that only Theo would know?" she asked

"You have a muggle grandfather, you told me he was sceptical of wizards until your mother was born, then he saw wizardry as a gift," he explained, she leapt into his arms.

"I've missed you so much," he mumbled, she pulled away slapping his arm

"Where the hell were you?" she asked

"It's a long story,"

"You leave in the middle of the night, nothing to tell me where you were, and you tell me it's a long story," she walked in the living room, sitting on the sofa "I have time,"

Theo sighed, sitting opposite her he began the long explanation of Phoebe arriving at Nott Manor telling him of a vision she had. Then he informed her of travelling to see their future selves, hoping they could offer help, he told Katherine how much he learned from them, including that they intend to have their children back. Katherine remained quiet for too long.

"Kat, say something, the silence is haunting," Theo asked

"You want to give the children away?" she said, her voice sounded broken,

"They're not ours, they never were," tears filled Katherine's eyes, he quickly sat on the sofa holding her close to him "I'm sorry,"

"I don't want to lose them," she mumbled as her tears soaked his shirt,

"I know, they don't have to go right away, we'll set a day where we just fun with them, no Warrior, no searching for new leads, just us and the children," he said, she smiled, sniffing up

"I'd love that," he smiled at her, pressing his lips lightly against hers he pulled away for a moment, examining her face.

"Have you slept at all?" he asked, she shook her head, he stood up carrying Katherine bridal style up to their bedroom, he laid her down, softly brushing the hair from her face.

"Get some sleep, baby," he kissed her forehead she rested her eyes, snapping them open when she heard him walk across the room

"Where are you going?" she asked

"Nowhere, I'm just going to get changed," he kissed her firmly, resting her back in bed.

***

Theo was only gone just a couple of minutes, when he returned Katherine was fast asleep, he carefully slipped under the covers, wrapping his arms around her. She twisted around snuggling closer to him, he couldn't help but smile, he had her back. His Katherine.

Nott Manor, 21st February 2000

The next day, Katherine woke up alone, she looked around the room her eyes falling on the clock, 2:30 pm, she had slept all way into the afternoon. She could hear the TV playing the Looney Tunes theme song, she walked downstairs, the children were sat in front of the TV.

"Where's dad?" she asked, Lisa pointed behind her into the kitchen, not taking her eyes off the show.

"Hey," she said, catching his attention, "what are you doing?"

"Nothing," Theo closed the book, resting his quill next to it, "You sleep well?" she nodded

"Clearly, I missed dinner," she laughed

"Do want something, I can make you an omelette?"

"You can cook an omelette?"

"Yes, with magic," she chuckled

"Why don't I show you how my grandfather does?" he pulled a face

"Come on, it's easy and only takes 5 minutes to make," she said, he sighed, "okay, we need 3 eggs, sunflower oil and butter, and then cheese and ham, that's what I like in mine,"

"Okay, you beat them, while I heat up the pan," she gave him the eggs watching him as he cracked the eggs open, she heated up the stove, setting a pan on top with the oil and butter waiting for it to heat up.

"We weren't supposed to use Magic," she said, as he uses a spell to levitate to small pieces of eggshell that fell into the egg yolk.

"I couldn't get it out," he said, he showed her the eggs, pouring them into the pan. Katherine swirled the egg around to cover the entire pan, Theo watched her as she easily cooked the omelette.

"Could you cut the ham up please, and grate some cheese," she asked, he nodded smiling at her.

"Here," he handed her the cut up ham and cheese, she sprinkled the ham and cheese on the cooked egg, she used a spatula to fold her omelette she lifted her omelette onto a plate, she cut it in half, taking another plate.

"One me and one for you," she said, he smiled at her, "try it you'll love more because you helped to make," he took a bite, she eyed him hoping he liked it

"It's good, I didn't know you could cook,"

"It's only an omelette next time I'll cook you something more filling, like a roast dinner,"

"That sounds good, you'll have to let me help you," he smiled at her

"Of course," she kissed his cheek heading into the living room

Theo sat with her as the pair enjoyed the omelette the children were much too entertained by the TV to be bothered with food. Katherine and Theo were thinking the same thing, 'soon all this would be over, their little family would be gone' they tried to shake away the thought.

Hoping that the time they had left was long enough to say goodbye.