Chapter 21

* Jay's p.o.v * 

I was standing outside Lonnie's dorm room debating on whether to knock or not, after gathering all courage in me I knocked.

I stood there waiting anxiously then the door opened slowly. Lonnie saw me standing me standing by the door and just rolled her eyes slamming the door in my face.

" Lonnie please open up, I just want to talk to you." I asked leaning against the door.

" I don't want to talk to you." She replied.

" Princess please, I'm begging you." I pleaded.

I let out a sigh and start to walk away when I hear the door open.

" Fine." I heard Lonnie say and I turned to her.

I smile as both of us walk into her dorm room. She stands by her bed with her arms crossed leaning against the wall and I sit on top of her table in the center of her room.

We stood there in a deep silence avoiding eye contact, and after a few more minutes I decided to break the silence.

" Princess I'm sorry." I apologized.

" Sure you are." She exclaimed scoffing.

" I'm serious, I promise you the moment I left I instantly regreted what I did." I explained getting of the table.

" I want to believe honestly I do, but I'm tired Jay." She says hurt.

" Tired of what exactly." I asked feeling ashamed of myself.

" I am tired of having to always fight with you, to always have problems between us, to always have trust issues between us, to never love it other like others do and at this point I'm done." She said raising her hands up in surrender.

" Lonnie don't say that, we can still fix this." I say taking a step forward.

" No we can't, Jay it's pretty clear that you don't love me anymore..... you love her." She said referring to Jane and I just shake my head.

I walk up to her and try to take her hands but she jerks back and sits on the bed, I sit down next to her but still keep some distance between us.

" Lonnie I love you and only you please." I say looking at her in the eyes.

" No you don't Jay, if that were true you wouldn't have cheated on me with my one of my best friends." She replied.

" It was an accident, why won't you get that." I exclaimed getting frustrated.

" This has nothing to do with the kiss Jay." She said raising her voice and standing up.

" Then what is this about then." I asked standing up as well.

" IT'S ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU TREAT JANE WITH MORE LOVE AND AFFECTION THAN YOU EVER DID TO ME, IM YOUR GIRLFRIEND OR AT LEAST WAS UNTIL YOU MADE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER."  She yelled at me with tears threatening to fall.

" NO I DIDN'T." I protested.

" YES DID AND YOU CAN DENY IT ALL YOU WANT BUT IT'S TRUE, YOU MISSED AND FORGOT DATES BECAUSE YOU HAD PLANS WITH HER, YOU BUNKED OUT ON OUR PLANS BECAUSE YOU WERE WITH HER, AND THAT'S ALL YOU BEEN DOING SPENDING TIME WITH HER." She yelled making her voice crack. 

" AND WHAT ABOUT YOU AND THE MYSTERY GUY." I asked yelling.

" YOU SEE THIS IS THE PROBLEM US. WE CAN'T EVEN TALK TO EACH OTHER WITHOUT IT RESULTING INTO AN ARGUMENT. JAY YOU AND I ARE CLEARLY NOT MEANT TO BE TOGETHER I MEAN LOOK AT US ITS PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM. WE'RE JUST TOO TOXIC." She yelled before catching her breath as her tears fell.

" You were supposed to be my boyfriend, not her's and because you care and love her so much go be with her go... because I... because I don't care anymore."She told me wiping her tears.

" Lonnie please." I begged.

" Oh and before I forget you can your necklace and charm bracelet back. I won't need it anymore." She said taking them off and placing them in my hands.

" Lonnie don't do this." I say feeling tears well up in my eyes.

" Jay get out." She said walking to the door.

" Lonnie." I called out.

" I SAID GET OUT." She yelled and I made my way to the door. 

" And one more thing I was going to tell you this later but it doesn't matter anymore, that mystery guy I was talking to was Chad." She exclaimed and froze in my tracks.

" What." I exclaimed turning to her in shock.

" Yeah I busy trying to save and protect all of us because he threatened to hurt all of us if I didn't break up with you, and I didn't break up with you because I thought that you were my one true love guess I was wrong."  She exclaimed kissing her teeth.

" True love really is overrated." She exclaimed slamming the door in my face.

I stood there and I could hear Lonnie sob on the other side of the door and it broke my heart even more as I let my tears fall.