Chapter Ten :The past that came back to reality

BRE POV

As I walk down the crispy cold streets of the hood. I would never expect to come back like this. I'm use to me come back to the hood sporting a new car and a bitch but I'm actually here for help. I'm use to be the boss around this area, but now I gotta talk to the bosses of all bosses Honey .Honey is the one who put me on to selling drugs. I was about fourteen years old, on my momma porch. Honey was about eighteen, she was walking with two other girls. She use to always stop by my mom house and give her hundreds of dollars. I never knew why. Until when I was sixteen years old, I was chilling on the stoop watching these bums fighting over money they owe each other. Honey pulls up in a Aston Martin . She steps out the car heading towards me I thought she was heading inside to see mom. But she stopped and handed me $10000. I was shocked. I looked back in the window, my mom was standing there with tears in her eyes. I didn't know why. But I couldn't stop looking at these ten hundred dollar bills.

Honey smiles and said"You like that huh young blood". I didn't have words to say, I was just in awed. She sits next to me and puts her Versace purse in her lap.

"Look in front of you Breyaun",Honey said as she refer to the bums fighting. I looked at them .
"Now do you wanna be like them?", Honey said as she looked at me. I shook my head no as I looked at them.

She turns to me"Well how can you say that when your one of them". I was confused. I know I live in the ghetto but Damn my house was not a shack.

So scared I ask not trying to talk back. ",How am I living like them if I have a house?". She stands up dusting her skirt from the stoop. Then said"Sweets look, your living like them because your sixteen with no money, your a bum. At sixteen Breyaun I was Slangin dope, having my own business since the white man didn't let me start a business for free."

I just sat there looking at her. She sigh then said as she lean down to me"If you wanna make some money, come see me I'll have you at least one million dollars in your bank account if you fuck with me." I instantly got nervous. My mom came out with a glare on her face. Honey stood up and smiled at my mom.

"Hey Ms. Clemons, I was just saying happy birthday to Breyaun that's all", Honey lied as she start to hug my mom.

"I hope your not tryna persuade my daughter to join that gang stuff",My mom said to Honey seriously.
Honey put her hand up as if she's getting arrested"By all means say what you feel but remember she's at a age when she can make her own decision, aye let me know when you wanna stop being a bum."
As she was walking to her car, I looked at my mom. She says as tears run down her cheek"Go on do it, I know you are Breyaun." I was nervous to get up. But I did and as I was walking to Honey's car I kept looking at my mom. She was just crying . When I walked up to her. She instantly smiled"You ready to stop being a bum?". I nodded my head. We got in her car. Oh my God she had leather seats and all kinds of plush things. She reached down underneath her seat and pulled out a blue box that had tiffany on it.

"Happy birthday Breyaun", she said as she gave me the box. I opened it and smiled. It was a Diamond chain. I start laughing out of excitement. She laughs"Oh child that ain't nothing, when you start making money , you'll will never turn back". She was right because when we pulled away from my mom's house. I've never been the same. Becoming Honey' s Right hand women and been in love with the game forever.

But back into reality, I was back in the hood because I need to see Honey. I have not seen her for two years. I heard she was in the stumping grounds. So I decided to stop by. I knocked on the metal door that was on the side of the alley. A buff man opens the door with a gun. I looked at this nigga with a frown. Then he realize it was me.