Chapter 50

Drew***

The gun shot fired; i growled as the bullet was intently going to hit the young boy. 

Amber 

She jumped in front blocking the young boy as the shot was hit her on her head. Her body fell limp to the ground. The hunters cowardly ran away. But all i could see was red. I attacked every hunter in my sight, allowing my wolf to take over. Once there were none left pack members stood around Ambers limp body. 

I growled as they picked her up; putting her on the stretcher. My wolf but himself in a lunging position as the men gulped. The stretcher moved and my wolf instinctively followed it. 

They slid her in the hospital laying her to a bed. 

"Drew, Wolf forms aren't allowed in the hospital" The pack doctor said. Throwing clothing at me. My wolf growled but complied as we went to the bathroom and shifted back to my human form. I slipped on the clothing, but was kicked out of the room as they started to operate on Amber.

*****

3RD PERSON POV

The continual tapping of Drew's foot continued throughout the hollow room. He's been waiting for 6 hours for Amber's surgery to continue. 

"Alpha drew?" A nurse spoke up as Drew looked up at her. 

"Shes has a small chance of surviving but she is awake" 

Drew sighed hoping a miracle would occur. He thanked the nurse and stepped into Ambers small hospital room. 

"Drew" Her croaky voice spoke up. She had a white bandage around her forehead. He went towards her and kissed her on her bandaged forehead

"Hey Amber" he replied a small sad smile played on his face. 

"I'm getting out tomorrow" She said. Drew was shocked 

"Really why?" He asked trying to hide his concern

"They want me to spend my last three days with people i love"