57. Always and Forever Yours

The strung, disco light rotated on a spot, fast playing music feeling like an addictive drug that sent jolts of electricity over the people dancing in the room. Naomi's voice raised over the loud, chaotic beats that overwhelmed every corner. "Sorry I didn't tell you about Larkin. Jacques' cute and all, but he's not the special guest for tonight. Larkin is."

Callie could only smile, her cheeks creasing endlessly in excitement. "This is a kind of surprise I don't mind."

"Thank God." Naomi gave a halfhearted laugh that tethered a relieved sigh.

"Larkin. Where's your cane?" Callie gaze hovered around his sharply cut midnight blue suit aiding his devilishly handsome, rugged looks till it touched his bare hands without its usual accessory.

"I won't need it. Well, just tonight. My legs are still dependent on it and my treatment is still ongoing."

"Are you sure you're fine?" It didn't look like he was completely well balanced. Callie couldn't risk him worsening his treatment for her. She didn't care if he used a cane or not. He was all she cared about.

"You worry too much." A faint smile tore through his rigid form. It left a sliver of amusement teasing within his emerald glow. "It's fine for today. I promise. I have Dr. Guilbert's approval."

Callie sighed, her shoulders shuddering into small quakes of ease. She couldn't help it. Worrying was her second nature. She did all of that when it came to taking care of her dad. "I didn't think you'd come. I thought you left."

"I did leave but I wanted to surprise you. And it was worth it." Larkin's smile continued to linger.

"How did you two plan all these?"

Naomi started to explain, electric surge sparking her steel eyes ablaze through the supercharged party scene. "Purely coincedental. I went to his place on the day of his flight to apologize about everything. But then, he asked for my help with this after accepting my apology. It just kinda happened."

"I've always wanted to show up at this party but when I saw Naomi at my place, I knew it was my chance to ask for her help. She actually helped me get in." He said, mostly addressing Callie and sending Naomi an appreciative nod that she returned.

"Thanks, Nae. This is unexpected but I love it." Callie squeezed her arm lightly, offering her a smile.

"It's the least I could do after everything. I'm still embarrassed by the whole thing so this is kinda my getaway plan." Naomi pursed her lips, looking extremely awkward. Clearing her throat, Naomi added. "Let's introduce him to the others. Viola looks like she could run us over with a car with that nosy look on her face."

Callie glanced at him, almost hesitant. "Are you okay with it? I know you don't like—"

"I'd love to meet the rest of your friends."

Callie almost winced. Friends. Well....
Naomi snorted, picking up Callie's similar cringe at what Larkin uttered. "Friends-ish. We're still getting used to them. It's still new."

"All the better. The others look nice, though I've already met that dude. I don't think he likes me very much."

"That's Damien Pierce but don't worry, he'll be on his best behavior." Callie assured him. Larkin nodded, seemingly unbothered. "But yeah, let's have a proper introduction with them."

Larkin followed Callie and Naomi's lead, stopping right in front of a blonde and tall redhead dressed in high-end designer outfits like the ones his mom always liked to wear and talk about. By their side was Damien Pierce, as he could remember him well, carrying a hint of frown at his presence. The expensively dressed girls looked more at awe to see him, acting like he was otherworldly. It made him tug onto his sleeves a little more tightly, forcing himself to meet their excited gazes.