23 - Interrogation And Speculation [FINAL]

In a dark room, there was only one working light bulb, a table, and a set of chairs. Two people faced each other, creating the appearance of an interrogation room. A woman with purplish-red eyes, a notable dot on her right brow, and a sexy yet intimidating demeanor sat on an armless chair observing a teenage girl named Xylma, who was restrained by shackles on her limbs. The entire PhilSecta was suspicious of Xylma due to her recent strange behavior.

'Why?' Xylma didn't understand why she was there and why there were strange thin lines connected to her head.

She tried to struggle and escape the shackles that restrained her movements. But to no avail, she failed of course, and moreover,

'This dark edgeless room... why I can't teleport!? Wait... did they know!? W-who is this b-beautiful woman?'

"Anna Montes, little girl," the woman replied.

'She can read my mind!?'

"Yes, I can read you."

Why Anna Montes can read her mind is all thanks to a pad and a device connected to it on the table also the device receives her neural activities through those cables attached to her head and converted those signals to a text and then the decrypted text will pass to Anna.

There's also a visualization of Xylma's brain and neural networks seen on Anna's pad and statistical analysis shown too like her brain waves, hormonal changes based on chemical imbalances, and the like.

Back on modern Earth, there was a woman named Ella Musk who founded the company Neurolink. Their company was the most advanced in the world when it came to neuroscience and neurotechnologies. Thanks to Ella, people could text on their devices just by thinking about it. However, as the company advanced, people started wondering why Ella wanted to go to the uninhabitable planet of Mars and become the empress of an interspace country.

After Ella revealed her plans to the public press, her company SpaceY launched a private rocket and set off for Mars with Ella and her associates to build a human colony. However, for no apparent reason, Ella and her associates vanished in space and were considered dead.

Well, enough chitchat.

Anna Montes still holds her pad as she glares at Xylma, as if suspecting her of an unforgivable crime. Xylma can't help but feel nervous under the intensity of Anna's gaze.

'Since you said you want to apply, why not go far?' Anna says as she stands up from her chair and leaves the room. A few moments later, she returns holding a monitor screen showing two gagged people being held by black-masked individuals. However, what horrifies Xylma is that the masked men have guns pointed at the heads of the two gagged individuals.

'Aunt Sherhimia! Poma!' Xylma exclaims in shock as she recognizes her loved ones on the screen. She can see the terrified expressions on their faces as they plead with her to save them.

'Aunt Sherhimia! Poma! Why!? Please let them!' Xylma begs, tears welling up in her eyes.

'You converse well in Tagalog. Good, that makes it easy for me to communicate with you,' Anna says, ignoring Xylma's pleas. 'As for why we're here, you are under suspicion.'

'Suspicion?' Xylma asks, confused.

'Suspicion, yes. The President suspects that you pose a high threat to the country. She said you seem to have the ability to teleport, right little mage? Oh, what interesting readings we got from the device connected to your head,' Anna explains, gesturing to the cables attached to Xylma's scalp. 'By the way, the President has given me permission to kill your family if you lie to me. So little mage, please be honest, okay?'