Chapter 2

Hearing some local chatter of a street race taking place tonight, Carmen grabbed the keys to her new car and drove to an abandoned section of town that was surrounded by unused warehouses. Cars illuminated the pavement while people crowded over the cars on display. Music shook the ground as people laughed and danced, enjoying their night. "Hey!" Carmen shouted at a Hispanic man as she rolled down her window. "Hey mami. You new in town?" he smirked. "I'm looking for Dominic Toretto," Carmen said, ignoring his original question. "What do you want with Toretto?" the man asked her. "A race" she answered. "Go tell him to meet me at the starting line" she added before driving away.

Dominic was laughing with his team when Hector came running up to him. "Hey Hector, what's got you in such a rush? The taco truck show up?" Vince jokingly asked. "You're hilarious, man!" Hector panted. "I got some girl asking for you, Dom" he added. "Who?" Dom and Letty asked at the same time. "She didn't give me her name. She just told me to tell you to meet her at the starting line!" Hector said. "How much?" Leon asked Hector. "Nothing!" the Hispanic replied. Intrigued by the request of this mystery girl, Dominic slid off the hood and into the driver's seat.

Carmen looked over at Dom and smirked at him. Her cousin furrowed his brows in confusion, as he tried to figure out how she knew him. "Are you ready?" a girl asked as she stood between the cars with a flag in her hands. Dom revved his engine in response. "Set?" the girl asked again, pointing to Carmen. Raising the flag, it was as if it was lowered in slow motion. As soon as the flag was down, Carmen's foot was to the floor as she and Dom were off a quarter mile.

Everyone watched as Carmen and Dom were hood and hood the entire race. God I've missed this!!!, she thought as the adrenaline filled her veins as she shifted her car into the next gear. Before Dom could press his Nos button, Carmen already had. Her tires crossed the finish line milliseconds before Dom's.

The crowd was shocked. Never had they seen anyone beat THE Dominic Toretto. "Who is this girl?" Letty whispered to Jessie. "I don't know, but whoever she is, she kicked ass!" Jessie replied with a laugh. Dom stepped out of his car and turned to the red 1968 dodge charger in curiosity. "Nice race, primo!" Carmen said as she stepped out of her car. It took Dom a couple seconds before realizing who was standing in front of him with a smirk on her face. "Carmen!" Mia exclaimed as she pushed past Dom and embraced her cousin in a big hug. "I didn't know you were in town," Dom said as he hugged her. "Impulsive decision. Thought I'd visit and see what's going on" Carmen told him. "Come meet everyone" Dom said as he wrapped his arm around her.

"Guys, this is Carmen Toretto, our cousin!" Dom said as he introduced her to the team. "Damn girl! I can't believe you're back!!" Letty exclaimed as she stepped forward to hug her. "You're looking good, girl! Not so little anymore." Vince flirtatiously said as he gave her a hug. "Surprise!" Carmen laughed. "Carmen, this is Jessie and this is Leon. They're close friends of ours!" Mia said as she introduced them. "Hey guys!! It's nice to meet you." Carmen said as she shook their hands. "So Carmen, where are you staying now that you're back in L.A.?" Vince asked her. "I dunno yet. My old house is too wrecked to stay in." she replied. "Well that's an easy fix" Dom chuckled. "You're coming home with us"