13

"I'm taking you to the infirmary."

I've been in bed all day. I'm exhausted.. I don't know if it's because of the pregnancy or the immense amount of stress I'm under because of the situation with Long, or both! I don't know, but I feel terrible, and all I want to do is sit here in my bed and cry.

"What? Why?" I ask Zuko.

"Kimi, look at you. You're extremely pale, you look exhausted, your feet are swollen, you've been in bed all day, and I heard you throwing up this morning."

"I'm fine, Zuko, really. I'm just really stressed and tired. I need to rest."

"I don't like this. Get up, we're going to see a doctor."

"No, Zuko. I'm not going to the infirmary, I'm not going anywhere. We have no idea who could be leaking information, and we can't trust anyone! So no, I'm not going."

It's true. Being pregnant and keeping it from Zuko isn't the only reason why I don't want to go to the hospital. There is a criminal living here, working here for both Zuko and I and Patyn. Someone is lying to us. As long as we don't know who is double crossing us, I trust no one. And if there's a chance it's a doctor or one of the nurses leaking our information... Well, that'd be bad. Because then, he would know I'm pregnant.

"Then I'll call another doctor from somewhere else!"

"Somewhere else?" I question him.

"Yes, I'll call the Earth King and get his doctors information, something!"

"Zuko, please. I don't need a doctor. I need some rest, and I need to take down Long. You can send me to a million doctors, eben a healer, but it won't work."

We stare at each other for awhile. I can't go to the doctor or anyone's infirmary. What I need is for Long to be gone so I can relax and have a stress free pregnancy. I especially don't want to argue with Zuko about this.

"Ok, ok," he says finally with a sigh. "I get it. You don't trust anyone right now. Just get some rest, ok? I'm gonna figure this out."

I feel bad. I'm lying to him, I'm hiding the most important thing in our lives from him. It's my fault that Patyn is causing this chaos, and yet, he, my amazing husband, wants to handle it himself. I don't deserve him.

"...Thank you, Zuko."

...

"Kimi is here!" I hear the girls shout.

I decided to take a trip to Kyoshi to visit Suki and the girls. I've always loved Kyoshi. It's so peaceful here. I love the greenery, I love the elephant koi, and I love the people. When Sokka moved here to be with Suki, I was happy for him. He really loves Suki, but I was also really sad. I mean, Zuko and I live in the Fire Nation, Aang and Katara go back and forth between the South Poles and the air temples, and Toph lives in the Earth Kingdom with her boyfriend. So when Sokka left, it was like Team Avatar was breaking up. It took me awhile to realize that though we live in completely different parts of the world, we'll always be a family, and Team Avatar is forever. Plus, Kyoshi is my favorite getaway spot. And when I visit, I'll have Suki, Ty Lee, the other Kyoshi Warriors, and now Sokka to welcome me.

"Kimi!" Ty Lee squeels and immediately squeezes me in a hug.

"Ty Lee, I've missed you so much!"

"Hey, what about me?" Suki asks.

"Of course I've missed my favorite prison mate!" I laugh, and Suki and the girls join.

I give all of the girls a hug, and Ty Lee, Suki, and I head to Suki's housing quarters.