18

One Month Later-

Aang

"Aang, are you sure this is ok?" Kimi asks nervously.

"Of course! If Katara did it, I know you can, too."

Today it's just Kimi and I. We had a meeting here in Omashu, and Kimi represented the Fire Nation. I wanted to show her the mailing system before we go.

"Well, it does look really fun..." She says eying the contraption.

"So what do you say?"

"Hmm, why not!"

...

"That was so fun! I can't believe they use that thing for mail!" Kimi laughs.

"You know, you scream really loud," I tease her.

"Excuse me, did you hear yourself? I almost lost an eardrum," she jokes.

"It's been awhile since I've did this, I forgot how fast that thing goes. We should do this more often. It's really nice hanging out with you and just having a good time."

"Katara told me about all the adventures you all took before I joined the gaang. It honestly sounds amazing- as amazing as it can get during a war that is," she clarifies.

"Yeah," I sigh. "At least before Ozai we got to have fun traveling together. We've all been so busy since the day of the comet when you took down Long and Zuko became Firelord..."

"Plus trying to restore the Air Nation" Kimi replies. "It's been hectic, but I'm enjoying myself, and I'm thankful for moments like this."

"You're right. We may have a lot of work to do, but at least we still have each other."

...

"Hey, Aang-"

Sokka walks in the room and I quickly wipe the stray tear from my eye. I'm the Avatar, I know it's my job to handle tough situations, but this is hard. Kimi is still gone, and I'm worried about her. I know she's alive, I can feel it. I just don't want her or the baby to get hurt. Kimi is the only other airbender we have left... But she's also my friend. When Zuko captured me shortly after I was released from the iceberg, she saved me. She's been there since the beginning.

"Are you ok?" Sokka asks.

"...No," I admit honestly. "Kimi is nowhere to be found and the Fire Nation is in chaos."

The situation in the Fire Nation has gotten worse. With Long dividing the population, we've seen a rise in Ozai supporters, and many citizens are not happy about it.

"I'm worried, too. I'm afraid the Fire Nation is going into a rebellion."

"I think you're right, Sokka," I agree. "I can't believe this is happening again."