7

The Beach;

Zuko

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island," Tylee chirps annoyingly. "It's going to be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing."

Is she serious right now? I should be home! How can father do this to me again?! Uncle would-no, no. Uncle is in prison where he belongs. He's a traitor to the Fire Nation and a disgrace to our family. Why am I even thinking about him?...

"Doing nothing is a waste of time," I huff and walk over to the railing next to Mai. "We're being sent away on a forced vacation. I feel like a child."

"Lighten up," Azula speaks up, adding her two cents. "So dad wants to meet with his advisers alone without anyone else around. Don't take it personally."

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?"

Ugh. Shut up, Tylee!

"We used to come every summer when we were kids," Azula answers.

"That must have been fun!"

"That was a long time ago," I say, not really in the mood to talk about it.

We arrive on the island and walk into the old vacation home belonging to Li and Lo. It smells terrible, like the place has been scrubbed down with old lady soap and lavender. I want to leave. I don't know why my father sent us away to some old ladies house when we should be home!

"It smells like old lady in here," Mai says with a grimace.

"Gee, I wonder why."

Uncalled for Zuko. She's your girlfriend again, not Ki- nope, I need to stop thinking about her. Mai is my girlfriend, and I need to deal with it.

Lo and Li approach us, and suddenly that old women smell becomes overwhelming.

"Who are these two beautiful women?" Tylee asks while holding a picture of two girls modeling on the beach in their bathing suits.

"Can't you tell? It's Lo and me," Li answers as the two imitate the picture.

'Ugh, I'm gonna barf,' I think to myself as I cover my mouth.
...

The girls are forcing me to go to the beach. I can't believe they can have fun during a time like this! Why did father send us here? Why would he want to send us- me away during the most important meetings to come out of this war, what's there to discuss that we can't know about?

"We know you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend," I think Lo says. I can never keep up with who's who. They're both old, short, and creepy.

"But Ember Island is a magical place," they finish simultaneously.

"Keep an open mind. Give it a chance," they creepily say in unison again. "And it can help you understand yourselves and each other... Time to hit the beach!" They tear off their robes to reveal that they are wearing loosely-fitting bathing suits. Mai covers my eyes from the sight, and I've never been so thankful.

Can this day get any worse?
...

Everywhere I go I see her..

I saw her walking on the beach, laughing with one of the guys at the party, in my family pictures, I see her everywhere I go. But every time I run to see if it's her... she vanishes. Those beautiful bright eyes burn into my own. I can't get her out of my head, I think I'm going crazy. I feel like she's haunting me..