Chapter 3

Talia:

"Harry?" I whispered. He looked worried and scared.

"Hi." He mumbled, looking me over, uneasily.

"Why is-" I turned to Eea, looking for a explanation.

"After I called the police, I called Louis. He was at Harry's house and Louis said Harry wanted to come... so... he came." Eea knew I hated Harry and she knew Harry hated me.

"Sorry... i-if you don't want me here." Harry mumbled. He seemed scared. Vulnerable. Harry wasn't being his usual self.

"It's fine. You can stay." I told him. I tried to put a smile on my face but it didn't work very well.

A car pulled into the driveway and my lawyer stepped out. "Did you answer any questions?" She asked me, grabbing her purse and brief case.

"No."

"Good." I followed her up to where the police were standing. One had a piece of paper and a pen. Another police man wrapped a blanket around me even though it was 75 degrees out.

"Ready Talia?" He asked.

"Yeah." I sniffled.

"What's your relation to Adam?" He held the pen above the paper, ready to write.

"He's my- well, was my boyfriend now." I told myself that the three years meant nothing and I was single.

"Why had he come over?"

"Earlier in school he was acting kinda funny so I asked him to come over so we could talk. I guess he thought 'so we can talk' meant... yeah." I looked at the ground, shuffling my feet.

"Can you tell us what happened from when he began acting weird to once we got here?" A police officer took out a video camera. They must have wanted everything and they didn't want to just write down a few things.

I explained what happened then went back over to Eea, Louis, and Harry while my lawyer talked to the police.

"They want to talk to you Eea." I told her, feeling drowsy all of a sudden.

"Alright." She walked over to the police, leaving me with the two boys.

"You alright?" Louis asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I shrugged. Harry didn't say anything but I felt his eyes burning into me.

I turned to look at him but he looked away. His gaze set on me again and he gave me a look as if to say 'what'. He had made it seem like I was staring at him!

"Louis can I talk to Harry for a second?" I didn't take my eyes off of Harry while I asked- no, told Louis to go away for a few minutes.

"You wanted to come?" I crossed my arms. The blanket the police had given me was now in my hand.

"Yes." Harry defended, putting up his guard. I hate when he does that. Once he puts up his guard, it doesn't come down until he falls asleep.

"Why?" I tried anyway.

"Because." He looked at the police and Eea. "I wanted to see what happened."

I felt my face get hot with anger. "You wanted to see what happened, not if I was okay?! I mean, I know you hate me Harry but the least you could do is care a little when something like this happens!"

Harry didn't say anything. He stood there, shocked that I yelled.

"I can't believe you." I mumbled, turning around and walking over to the police to give them their blanket back.

I dropped it on the hood of the car and found Louis.

"So you talked with Harry." He chuckled.

"If that's what you wanna call it." I rolled my eyes, still pissed.

"The only people who can talk to Harry are family and close friends." Louis shrugged.

Harry walked over and whispered something in Louis ear.

"What! No." Louis whined.

Harry whispered something else.

"Well Harry you shouldn't of-"

"Louis." Harry took his turn to whine. I had never heard Harry whine before. It was kinda of amusing. "Lou, she doesn't want me here. Give me the damn car keys." Harry whispered a little louder.

"No." Louis shook his head.

I heard a muffled 'she hates me' come from Harry but Louis didn't budge. He ignored Harry all together.

"I was going to get Harry and leave but now I think we're gonna stay a few more minutes." Louis smirked.

Harry groaned, rolling his eyes. He stood next to Louis and glared at me. I tried to ignore it but it was kind of hard. I was trying to talk to Louis but all I could see was Harry glaring in the corner of my eye.

"Alright, here are the keys." Louis rolled his eyes, dropping the keys in Harry's hand. "I'll be right over."

Harry basically ran over to the car and started it. Louis walked over to Eea and kissed her on the cheek. He then got into the car and drove away with Harry.