Chapter 16

Talia:

Brad had dropped me off at the end of the road claiming 'he didn't want to waste the gas even though he had a lot' so I was stuck walking the rest of the way.

I got a few feet from my house but noticed a person sitting on the porch swing. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a closer look. I made out the curly hair and beanie. Rolling my eyes, I prepared myself for what he was going to do.

"What do you want Harry?" He stood up from the porch swing, shoving his pockets in his hands. I stayed put on the second stair.

"Where's lover boy?" He glanced at the road then licked his lips.

"He dropped me off at the end of the road. But only because he was really low on gas." I lied. I had to make Harry think this went well.

"Oh... did you um... have fun?" He squinted his eyes, staring at me.

"Oh ya. It was really fun. I mean we just went to the movies but he made the car ride and all that fun anyways." I shrugged, picking at the chipped paint on the hand rail.

"Oh... how were his friends?" Harry stared at his feet.

"Um, they didn't go. Brad said that they changed their minds but I think he just wanted it to be us." I nodded my head, agreeing with myself.

I didn't want to tell Harry the truth 1) because I was still mad at him, and 2) because I was afraid he would get mad. I knew Harry cared about me... maybe only 10% out of 100 but it's something. He cared when my parents died and when some girl hit me in the eighth grade. Also when Adam did what he did. He had kissed me twice so that's gotta be something right?

"So he lied to you? Told you his friends would be there then they weren't," Harry crossed his arms, his flannel moving to the side, exposing the white t-shirt.

"Not necessarily." I shrugged, still picking at the paint.

"What actually happened, Talia?" Harry seemed concerned rather then snarky.

I looked up at him shocked. "Nothing."

"You're a bad liar. At least in situations like these, where you know I know the truth." Harry chuckled but turned serious again. "What happened?"

"Harry it doesn't matter." I rolled my eyes and waved him off, going to the door.

"Yes it does matter." I tried to close the door but he pushed it open, getting inside.

"No. Not to you it doesn't. It's not your business." I told him sternly, walking into the living room and turning on the t.v, trying to tune him out.

"Well I'm making it my business." Harry tightened his jaw, staring at me intently.

"Ugh!" I screamed, running up the stairs and slamming my bedroom door. Harry was acting like a over protective brother and it was annoying. I heard a loud crash and worried Harry had hurt himself but quickly ignored it and changed into my pjs.

A small knock on the door was followed by it opening a bit.

I was face down to my pillow, forced to breath through my mouth. "Go home Harry."

"No." He came in and closed the door behind him. "Please just tell me what happened."

I rolled over to face him as he sat down on my bed beside me. "He just didn't treat me very well."

Harry's jaw was tight again. "Ass." He muttered.

"He paid more attention to me then the movie and not in a good way. He kept putting his hand on my thigh and rubbing it. He kissed my cheek and neck and it was gross. I pushed him off but he kept doing it. He didn't go any further then that. I handled it." I reassured Harry but he didn't take it.

"Ass-"

"Harry." I warned him. "This is why I didn't want to tell you. You get all mad and punch people."

"I do not." He rolled his eyes. "But he shouldn't of done that and if I was there I would have handled it a different way then just push him off."

"I know." I muttered.

"Talia?"

"Hm."

"Um... I kind of broke one of your little souvenir things."

"Which one?" I closed my eyes and prayed to God it wasn't the penguin.

My penguin was extremely special because my mom had gotten it for me the day before she died. It was my favorite animal and still is.

"It wasn't your penguin! It was the elephant." He said, eyes wide.

"How did you brake it?" I chuckled, imagining Harry picking up the small glass figure and smashing it to the floor.

"I was mad because you wouldn't tell me so I just kinda picked up the closest thing and threw it at the wall." He mumbled, playing with his hands.

"Thanks." I smiled. "Now get out. I'm tired."

"Or I can stay here." Harry took of his shoes and beanie.

"No. No you can leave." I tried to push him off the bed but he stayed where he was.

"Right on this bed too." He smirked, laying down next to me.

"Harry." I whined, pouting and pushing on his chest to get him away.

"Stop." He chuckled. "I'm staying. You need comforting after such a horrible date with such a horrible person." Harry wrapped his arms around me, forcing my face into his chest. Harry smelled extremely good and I was actually comfortable in his strong grip.

"I hate you, Harry." I whispered.

"You love me." He whispered back.

That night I fell asleep in Harry's arms.