Chapter 4

Talia:

Last night was horrible. I couldn't sleep at all and I continuously thought about how school would be. Harry is going to tell everyone and I'll be an outcast.

He did the same thing two years ago. I was at my locker after I had made sure no one was in the halls. But of course the second I pull out a pad, Harry steps in. By the next day the whole school knew I was on my period.

On the other hand, maybe he wont. I think Harry knows his boundaries. When my parents died four years ago, he was the first to know but he didn't tell anyone. He didn't even talk to me for a week.

He lives one house down from me. He saw all the ambulances and police cars and came over. That was the first time Harry hugged me. I think it was awkward for him at first but I was to busy crying hysterically to feel awkward. Harry told me it would be okay and honestly I think it is.

I walked into the doors of the high school and found Naill and Zayn waiting at my locker.

"Hi." Zayn smiled sweetly. Niall handed me a box of chocolates.

I groaned. "Did Harry tell you?"

"No, Louis did." Niall chuckled. "Harry was mad that Louis told us though."

Why was Harry mad? He didn't care what happened to me and he said it.

"How many people did Louis tell?" I was worried it would be everyone.

"Just me, Zayn and Liam." Niall shrugged.

I took the chocolates and muttered a thank you. I opened them and took out a caramel one, popping it into my mouth.

"We'll see you later, Talia!" Zayn yelled as they ran away.

I put the chocolates in my locker and took out my books. I found the library and sat down at the empty table.

Taking out my book, I began to read. I didn't love to read but I really didn't hate it either.

"Whatcha reading?" The chair across from me was pulled out and someone sat down.

"Looking For Alaska." I mumbled. I couldn't tell if I was angry with him or not.

"Is it good?" He pushed my hand out of the way and flipped to the back so he could read it.

"I'm only three pages into it." I shrugged.

"Hm." Harry pushed the book back so that it was in front of me again.

"I'm sorry for yesterday." He blurted.

The only time Harry apologized to me was when my parents died. He said he was sorry for being mean to me. Then after a week it started back up again.

"I did want to see if you were okay. but I also wanted to know what happened. I was to embarrassed to tell you the first part." He looked at my book.

"Remember when you used to come over at night and we would sit in the tree house and talk and play." I stared at the book but didn't bother to read it anymore.

"Yeah." Harry chuckled. He had done it every Wednesday night from when we were eight all the way up to age fourteen. Then he stopped. That's when he started to become a jerk and a 'bad boy'

"Why did you stop?" I had asked myself this multiple times. "I would blame it on me then cry because I didn't know what I did wrong. Then I would tell myself it wasn't my fault and that's where all this hatred comes from."

"I'm sorry." Harry actually had a hint of sympathy in his voice. "I didn't know... I- I just thought that... we were getting to old to do that." He picked at a indent in the table.

"Why did you change?" Harry was being nice to me and I wanted to get as much out of him as possible.

"What?" He looked up at me, confused.

"We were basically best friends... outside of school at least and then you stopped coming and you became the schools bad boy. You started teasing me and everyone else. Why?" I closed my book.

"I won't tell you." Harry whispered.

"What? Why?" I was slightly disappointed. I should have known this was coming, especially from Harry.

"Because. It's worse then you can ever imagine." Harry stood up and walked away.

I watched him leave. Did he murder someone? I thought that was highly impossible and moved on.

"Maybe Niall or Louis will tell me." I said to myself as I stood up and walked to first period science.

"Hey Niall, Louis." I said sweetly.

"Hey."

"Hi Talia."

"So uh, why did um, Harry you know... change?" I picked at the desk, hoping they wouldn't pick up on the fact that I was only being this nice because I wanted to know.

"Oh, he thought that he was being to obvious with the fact that he-"

Louis whacked Niall on the back of the head. "He just did."

"No, you were there when he told us. He was-" Niall was whacked again.

"He just did." Louis said, his teeth tight but still smiling.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically. Obviously I wouldn't get it out of Louis. Niall almost said it but was stopped. I'll just have to get Niall alone.