Chapter 5

Harry:

I got to science and saw Talia staring at me. I wanted to tell her but I really couldn't. I felt bad for keeping it a secret but I can't tell her. I'm afraid one of the boys will spill it.

It was hard for me to keep quiet about why I changed. It hurt to know that I had made her cry but I tried to think of it as a good thing. If I leave her, I can make her cry, doesn't that mean she cares about me?

I really do like Talia and that's why I had to change. I almost kissed her one of those nights in the treehouse. she had told me she liked Adam and I got really mad. But, I hoped she would get over it... she didn't. Every time I think that I could have a chance and that I should ask her on a date, I tease her.

Sometimes she just makes me mad with all her bugging for answers. Maybe she wouldn't do that if I gave her some.

I sat down in my seat. Three behind Talia and next to Louis.

"Niall almost blabbed." Louis leaned over and whispered to me.

"I'm sorry!" Niall turned around and yelled back to us.

"Come on Niall!" I teased him. It doesn't matter what he does, you can't stay mad at him. That only means he gets away with a lot, like almost telling Talia.

Niall gave out a huff and turned back around.

"How much did he say?" I looked at Louis.

"He just said that you had changed because you were close to showing that you, and then I stopped him before he could finish."

"Good." I looked to the front as the teacher walked in.

----------------------------

"Mum! I'm home!" I yelled into the big house.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled back.

I walked in and all I smelled was food. "Why are you making stuff so early? It's only three."

"Oh yes. I invited Talia over for dinner because I felt bad about what happened." She stirred something in a pot.

Well shit. I'm braking my own rule.

I had set rules for myself when I decided I couldn't be friends with Talia anymore.

1) no real conversations

I had broken that one several times.

2)I can't go into her house

It used to be that I can't go to her house but I changed it.

3) she can't come into my house

Mum had ruined that. Why have a rule system when your mums just gonna invite her to dinner.

"She's gonna be here at four thirty. I don't want to see you in that shirt when she gets here." She pointed to my shirt with the fork she was using.

I looked down at it. It was just a plain white t-shirt.

I went up to my room and put on a flannel. Laying down on my bed, I took out my phone.

I checked Instagram, Twitter, every social media site I had. When I looked at the time it was four.

I went down stairs to see if I could do anything.

"Hun will you please start the steak." My mom was making mashed potatoes.

"Mum, she doesn't like those." I pointed at the bowl of white mush.

"Well I do so I made it. Now start the steak and then you can make the cookies."

I rolled my eyes. My mom adored Talia. Possibly even more then I do.

I put the steak on the pan my mom had left out and put in the oven.

Once I found the bowl of cookie dough I began to scoop out little bits of it onto another pan.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

"Hi Talia." I heard my moms voice ring throughout the house.

"Hi."

"Harry's in the kitchen." I imagined her pointing into the room I was in. "Harry, hun, I'm going to get some milk." With that the door closed.

I felt Talia's presence beside me.

"Kitchen duty?" She chuckled.

"Maybe." I mumbled. I had decided that I would keep my guard up.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her eyebrows narrow.

"Sorry." I breathed out. I didn't want to fight with her, I just didn't want to get to comfortable.

"Whatever." She walked away. God knows were she went, probably the living room.

I finished the cookies and put them into the oven then followed where I thought Talia went.

She was sat on the edge of the couch on her phone. I sat down next to her. I didn't try to hide the fact that I was looking over her shoulder, reading her texts.

I figured it was Riley.

Riley was Talia and Eea's best friend. She used to live in the house next to mine and across from Talia's but then she moved to Australia.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Talia sighed, standing up. I watched her leave then looked back to the couch.

She left her phone...