Chapter 4 (Rewrite)

(Previously)

Whis smiles before walking away to the kitchen with a smile on his face and one thought on his mind. He would have to ask Goku what he was going to do to help Goku find reason on his feelings for the female Saiyan before she pushed him away once more. He smirks before he starts cooking.

This is going to be interesting.

(Current)

A couple of hours later, Goku finds himself waking up as he notices weight on his right arm. He looks to find Mika facing him still asleep with her head on his arm as well as her right hand. She looked peaceful asleep and he smiled softly. He brushes her bangs away from her face as she slightly stirs before settling back down. Then he felt her ki spike and her face contort into anger. His eyes widen before Whis appears grabs the female from him and disappears with her. In a panic, Goku follows Whis the best he can before he notices the angel setting the female on top of the water before appearing back on shore next to the male Saiyan. Beerus appears next to them in a hurried fashion, fully dressed in his usual attire.

"It's happening again, isn't it Whis?" Beerus looks to the male out of the corner of his eye before turning his attention back to Mika.

"Yes, my Lord."

"What's going on, Whis? I've never seen this happen. Even when she was staying with me and Chi-Chi." Goku watches as Whis' face goes solemn with both of his hands behind his back.

"Vegeta had warned me this not too long ago. It's usually triggered by stress which was a couple of weeks ago due to your human wife. The past haunts her and this is what happens when she has nightmares about the past. The worse her nightmare, the worse she will get."

Right on cue, the female Saiyan starts to flicker between Super Saiyan and her normal self. The lock she had on her ki starts to slowly break away. Goku's eyes widen as he feels her ki start to increase by the minute. Soon, Mika stays in Super Saiyan and yells out in anger and agony. The water ripples around her before she converts back to herself before almost sinking in the water, Whis grabbing her before she sinks too much. The angel takes her back to the room before returning next to the males. Goku had his arms crossed over his chest as he looks down at the ground.

"What's on your mind, Saiyan?" Beerus looks to the male as Goku looks back up at him.

"Why does she hold back when she trains with me and Vegeta? She should know I can handle about anything." The male furrows his eyebrows before he looks to Whis.

"She holds back because of how destructive her ki is when it is fully unleashed. Fully unleashed, her ki almost reaches God ki without the training. Elder Guru taught her on how to control and lock portions of her ki away to not only keep her safe but those around her. At her max ki, she can easily harm Lord Beerus without a second thought." Whis looks at Goku with a serious look.

"Mika knows this as well. That's why she has limited herself to training with Whis and I. She trains with Vegeta on occasion because he understands why she locks her ki away and doesn't fight at her full potential." Beerus sits on a tree stump as he looks to the side. "Isn't that right Vegeta?"

"Yes. Mika has always been stronger than me and will continue to be stronger than me. I accepted this fact long ago on Planet Vegeta. She achieved Super Saiyan just before she got sent to Namek with the help of your father, Bardock." Vegeta stands with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes closed.

"What happened before I met her, Vegeta? She never talks about it." The younger Saiyan male looks at the Prince as he sighs.

"Do you really want to know, Kakarot?"

"Yes."

"After the destruction of Planet Vegeta, I continued to work for Frieza to keep not only myself safe but Mika safe. I was the only one to know where she was and I knew Frieza would use her against me at some point if he had caught her. By the time we reached adulthood, Frieza managed to find her by accident on Namek and she came willingly to keep Namek and the Namekians safe. He held her captive and used her to keep me in line. This went on for months before she finally said the right phrase to Frieza and he burnt her left shoulder with a ki blast. That triggered her enough to push her to unleash some of her ki and escape in an escape pod with the help of your brother Raditz." Vegeta sighs before looking down at the ground. "What Frieza did to her is enough to kill him over and over again. Mika was never the same after that and I couldn't stop it from happening. Any time I stepped out of line, he made sure I knew it. Every wound, every bruise was because of Frieza but she took every single beating to keep me safe. Whatever pride she had left in herself disappeared."

Vegeta watched Goku as he processed all the information before looking over to see Beerus has disappeared and Whis nodded his head. Goku had no idea that Mika was help captive by Frieza but that did explain a lot to the male why the female had acted the way she did when Frieza was resurrected. Her anger was beyond controllable to the point she was shaking, kicking him and Vegeta out of the fight when the lizard had turned into his golden form.

"That explains why she just randomly showed up on Earth not too long after everything started to settle down on Earth. Bulma was the first one to find her pod after hearing reports of it crash landing. She was the only one to be able to get close enough to the pod and talk to Mika. She had convinced her to come with her so she could be patched up and get some food into her. She had called the rest of us not too long after, telling me that Mika knew of me because of my father and brother. Master Roshi tried to go up to her but she readied a ki blast right at him before I stepped forward then she cowered in fear. Once I got to know her, she kind of explained of why she did. Mika had told me that she was held captive but not who." Goku watched Vegeta nod before he looked towards the palace.

"Mika's not one to open up so God only knows what else she went through." The Prince sighs before looking back at Goku. "Want to train for a little bit before Mika wakes up?"

"Sure."

Meanwhile, Beerus was in the bath house with Mika, helping her bathe. The female was subconsciously touching her left shoulder before she felt a hand on hers. She looks behind her to see Beerus with a soft, understanding look before he went back to washing her hair again.

"The more you think about it, the worse your nightmares will be, Mika." Beerus helps her lean back into the waterfall to rinse her hair before helping her sit up again. The female grabs her hair and squeezes the water out of it.

"I know but it's just a reminder of what I strive to be. To be stronger, to keep my loved ones safe. I lost my entire family because of Frieza and I'm not about to lose anyone else to anyone else." Mika stands up as she takes the towel that Beerus hands her to wrap around herself.

"And what of your love life?"

"Non-existent. I don't need to get close to anyone just to lose them. Why do you think I pushed Goku towards Chi-Chi?" Mika sighs before walking out of the bathe house to her room.

Beerus watched as she goes out of the room before sighing. Whis soon shows up beside him with a raised eyebrow. The cat-like God shakes his head before standing himself from his position. Whis sighs.

"She pushed away Goku for a reason and refuses to let herself go. She's hung up on what happened to her family as well as Bardock." Beerus looks at Whis with a serious face.

"I'll work on it, my Lord. No worries."