Chapter 4

(Previously)

Whis walked back to the door way and then looked back. The male smiled, happy to see both in content and asleep. Especially Mika. He considered her almost like a daughter. He wanted to see the Saiyans together instead of Goku being with Chi-Chi. Whis knows that Mika understands when Goku wants to fight and protect those he loves.

Smiling to himself again, Whis decided that tomorrow he would talk to Goku about his love problems.

This is going to be interesting.

(Current)

The following morning Goku wakes up to find Mika still fast asleep and his arms around her. The male Saiyan blinks his eyes. The last thing he remembered was giving Mika the sensu bean and she falling asleep. Goku smiles slightly as he brushes back her bangs and kisses her forehead.

Mika twitches in his arms and Goku furrows his eyebrows. He feels her ki spike up and her hands grip his gi. The Saiyan male was about to wake her until Whis appears, grabs her and disappears. Goku, startled and scared, follows Whis. The blunette male lays the female Saiyan in the water and then reappears on shore. Goku, confused, lands next to Whis.

“What’s going on Whis? I have never seen her like this… Not even when she was staying with me and Chi-Chi.” Whis lets his face go solemn and put his hands behind his back.

“This is what happens when she has nightmares about the past. It will get worse.”

Right on cue, Mika starts to flicker back and forth between her normal self and Super Saiyan. Goku eyes widen as her ki starts increasing by the minute. He now realizes why she felt so bad about their training, she was holding back. Mika’s ki was almost suffocating.

Both males watch Mika relax and reverts to normal and floats on the water. Whis appears next to her, grabs her and appears in her room. The blunette sets her on her bed and puts the blanket over her. Goku paces back and forth until Whis comes back. The male Saiyan confronts Whis.

“Why does she hold back, Whis? She should know I can handle about anything.” Whis shakes his head and sighs.

“With her ki unleashed fully, she is stronger than you and Vegeta’s ki combined. At full power, Lord Beerus has trouble keeping up with her. She only lets it go when it is necessary.”

“What happened before I met her?” Goku feels another presence. The male looks over to Vegeta.

“Do you really want to know Kakarot? It’s not happy information.”

“I do want to know, Vegeta.” The prince of Saiyans sighs and begins.

“Mika and I were on different planets when we both found out that Planet Vegeta was destroyed. Mika was on Planet Namek already and I was on a trip with her father getting training. Years passed when I saw her again. Frieza had captured her and brought her onto the ship. It was 5 years until that she had escaped.

“What Frieza did to her was horrible enough to kill him multiple times over. Mika has been scarred for life by what he did to her. I had no control over anything he did and I feel horrible for not being able to do anything for her. She has a scar from her left shoulder down to her hip. That scar is enough to remind her of the things Frieza put her through.”

Goku frowned and looked down at the ground. He had no idea that Mika had been held prisoner by Frieza. He felt his temper rise but quickly took control over his emotion. Frieza was in hell and that’s where he belonged. But since hearing what Vegeta told him, he understood why Mika was so distracted and angered when Frieza was resurrected. She was shaking the entire battle and even kicked Goku out of the mix when Frieza turned into his golden form.

“Mika was on Earth before Raditz came to the planet. Bulma had found her in torn clothes and dirt covering every inch of her skin. Bulma had called all of us over to Capsule Corp and showed us Mika. The first one to go to her was Master Roshi. Mika had readied a ki blast until I walked closer, then she cowered in fear. I never felt her ki until Raditz landed on Earth. When I was too weak to fight, Mika fought him until he was too weak to fight, then me and Piccolo finished him off.”

Goku watched Vegeta closely and when he said that Mika had cowered towards himself, the Prince of Saiyans’ eyes went wide but quickly recovered and went to his normal scowl. When Raditz’s name came into the mix, Vegeta scoffed and looked back at the palace.

What the boys didn’t know, was that Mika was listening in the whole time, subconsciously touching her left arm with sad look on her face. One tear slipped down her face.