Chapter 8 (Rewrite)

(Previously)

"Let her breathe for the moment, Kakarot. Give her time." Vegeta watches as the other male sighs.

"I'll go talk to her. She might listen to me better than dad at the moment." Gohan walks up to the two with a small smile with Pan in his arms before handing her to Videl and flying after Mika. Goku sighs and rubs the back of his neck.

Mika, I love you. That's why I broke it off with Chi-Chi. Why don't you see that? Or are you scared to get attached to something that is good for you?

(Current)

Goku started to pace as he could feel his own anger rise. He could understand letting her breathe for a little bit but every time he went to go check on Mika, Vegeta would stop him. Bulma had already gone inside to check on the boys with Videl and Pan. The Prince looks over at the impatient Saiyan and sighs.

"What's the matter now, Kakarot?"

"Why did you stop me? And why do you continue to stop me?"

"To explain something to you that I did know at the time of my own wedding. Mika lost her mother and her brother to missions that Frieza sent us on. Her mother completely lost and her brother came back in a box in pieces. Your father sent her away without going with her because of his Saiyan pride. The day Planet Vegeta became nothing but dust, Mika lost everything completely. Frieza just helped finish the job of her sanity by burning her with a ki blast. She is afraid of losing people she holds dear; those who she has let herself get attached to. That's why she pushed me towards Bulma and why she pushed you to Chi-Chi. Mika keeps to herself and that's how she copes." Vegeta looks to the male as he was looking down with a thoughtful look on his face. "Kakarot?"

"I should've saw this years ago. Mika pushed hard for me to go after Chi-Chi. I was scared at first but found myself going into a rhythm. She helped plan the wedding, housing and anything else that we needed for our lives. Once the wedding day rolled around, she never came. I guess I now know why. I was so oblivious back then and I should've never let her do this to herself."

(Person Change - Mika)

Mika stole herself to her bedroom and was sitting on her bed in a tank top and loose sweat pants. The female slightly sighs as she leans back against her headboard and looks out her bedroom window before hearing a knock. She sits up straighter and holds a pillow in her lap.

"Come in."

She watches as Gohan walks in and closes the door behind him. He walks over to the bed and sits beside her with a pillow in his lap. He knows how much his father loves Mika and he can see that Mika reciprocates that feeling back. The young male takes a photo out of his pocket and hands it to the female before she looks at him confused.

"Dad loves you, you know. This is one of his favorite photos. You and him at the World Tournament. He might've not realized it back then but he definitely does now. You know him better than anyone. Better than Vegeta. You understand why he trains, why he fights. In all honesty, I'd rather see him with you than with mom. I will always love mom but she's human. She's not like Bulma in understanding that what we do is to protect those we love most.

"The marriage honestly started to fall apart after I started training with dad before training with Piccolo. It just got worse after Goten was born. In more ways than one, you made him realize that he just wasn't happy with mom anymore. To be quite frank, you were more of a mother figure to not just me but to Goten as well than our own mother. You took time out of your day to spend time with us. Just promise me that you will listen to dad and give him a chance."

"I promise." Mika smiles softly at the male before pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you." Gohan pulls away and sets the pillow back in its original place before leaving the room. 

Mika sighs before feeling Goku's ki nearby. Sooner than later, he pops up in her room from using Instant Transmission and looks at the female. The woman pats the spot next to her for him to sit. The male gladly takes it and sits beside her. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stay mad at the bubbly Saiyan. It was one reason why she loved the male. Mika feels him take one of her hands in his and holds it gently but tight. She looks at him with apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you like I did. It was uncalled for. I didn't realize that the arguments were that bad." Mika watches as he lets a small smile grace his face.

"No reason to apologize. In a way, I deserved it. I should've told you from day one how much you mean to me. You taught me a lot of life lessons when I first met you, fully. I don't know why I didn't see it back then but I definitely see it now. You mean the world to not just me, but to Gohan and Goten. I know you don't want to see yourself get hurt again after getting attached but I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, Mika. Take this one chance with me. I love you with everything I have and more. I need you in my life and I'm not letting you get away from me this time. Not again."

Mika could feel her chest start to tighten before allowing Bulma's advice to come through. The female Saiyan allows one of her hands to caress Goku's left cheek, searching his eyes. She couldn't see anything to lead her to think he was lying. Goku watches her intently before being bold and wrapping an arm around her waist as he pulled her into his lap, straddling his legs. He could feel his own anxiety start to rise.

"Mika, please say something." Goku could feel his heart beat start to beat faster before feeling her forehead meet his. He rubs her back gently as he holds her close to him.

"Yes, Goku. I will take this one chance with you."